Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Steel City  (Read 8847 times)

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Steel City
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
Yeah Russ,
Well said, but unfortunately this OBVIOUS answer to capacity limits is too hard to organise and too many hidden agendas to allow it to happen. Sorry to hear that you are racing a four stroke these days.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 08:18:43 PM »
hey whatever you think, I doubt a 250f would have gained him like 8 seconds a lap, but I am sure it might have helped.

Shuckhart didnt look as good as I have seen him look before, I mean at High point also with big hills, he almost made it and was only like 1/2 second off or something around there.

Plus I saw him in the pits limping pretty good, this was after practice so I dont know if he was beforehand or not.

I dont know why he isnt racing a 250 again he hauled on that thing, and made it in easy, but guessing he must enjoy riding a 125 more??

His bike did look kind of slow too, I was told its bone stock with just a pipe/silencer, some good motorwork, etc. and he would get much further on it.

Anyway I hope to be riding soon with my messed up leg, almost have bike all done and tricked out, Ill post photos when done so you can all drool over it, LOL.

But on a side note I plan to get my outdoor license and try several again next year if my leg gets back to normal by then, and I lose a ton of weight, been watching Rocky movies getting me pumped up, its been 6 months of doing nothing for me, just getting depressed with this leg but Im finally seeing the light, and am finally able to bicycle for more then 15 minutes, and almost able to jog on some days, thank god!!

On a good note though the injury might have happened for a reason I dont know I got to see my son grow up all summer and be at home every weekend pretty much and everyday for the past 6 1/2 months, he turns 1 in 3 weeks!!!!

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 04:42:30 AM »
Time spent with the kids...  priceless.
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 06:23:59 AM »
Yeah its been great, and if I wasnt hurt I know I would have missed several awesome things, cause I would have been going riding, etc. so its been cool for sure!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 05:54:04 AM »
Children are only young once, try not to miss anything you would regret....

First words, first steps, first laugh and just today for me, the first day of school.. I have a 1st grader!

Honestly you can always go riding with your buddies and it's not like you could ever really quit riding altogether... it's in your blood.

Nice photos Coop!

As for competing with a 125 two-stroke in the 250F class... you would have to seriously bend the rules to make it happen. Plus you would need an amazing racer, a top ten kind of racer just to qualify.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 08:12:44 AM »
So, I just got a chance to watch the national from the weekend. Good racing, no doubt, and our current home grown hero Metty was on the gas. Good overall for Windham, awesome racer. Deserves it. Sipes was hauling until he jumped off the track. Was awesome to watch his charge, didnt deserve to finish like that.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 07:18:17 PM »
Thanks John, that camera really works well. It's a lot better than I am, lol.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline motomike894

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »
Yeah it been cool.

And I have got to see it all, first steps, laugh, attempting to say dada and mama.

He is a little stud, its awesome, he is full blown walking and can almost run at 11 months old, Im pumped.

Now I just hope with him having CF it doesnt hinder him down the road in life so he can do whatever he wants, sports, MX, BMX, Ill be pushing something with 2 wheels, LOL, but mommy isnt to into that.

And yeah for someone to really get somewhere with the whole 2 stroke thing in pro racing it needs to be someone thats already top ten or around there that will still easily qualify on one and can do it justice fully, like a Kyle Regal/Chisolm, someone like that.

BUT you will not see that happen anytime soon.