Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Calling Out KTM & Yamaha!  (Read 2355 times)

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Calling Out KTM & Yamaha!
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
I just wanted to ask the powers that be at KTM and/or Yamaha that since your the only two manufacturers left out there,at least the two of the "BIG FIVE" that still produce 2-stroke MX bikes in the United States,Why don't you have at least one 2-stroke motocross bike out there racing in the 2010 Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship?Now I've read that Yamaha has pulled their support from Fred Andrews Racing in the GNCC Series because FA Racing chose to run the YZ-250 2-stroke as opposed to the WR-250f because they said the 2-stroke is cheaper to race,less exspensive to maintain & easier to make competitive!That tells me that Yamaha,at least when it comes to offroad racing is more less saying for lack of a better term,"screw our YZ 2-stroke line up!"Now from my understanding as far as KTM goes they say that they are 100% committed to the 2-stroke and the last time I checked KTM has a good selection of 2-stroke Motocross bikes & I know they have a 2-stroke SX bike that they could use in the "lites class"or the "450 class" and I know that the KTM-250sx 2-stroke is'nt too far off in power compared to any modern stock 450 4-stroke and the powers that be at KTM seem like they want their new 350sx-f 4 stroke,which as we all know 100cc. smaller in the engine dept.So KTM why not put one of your highly talented MX racers on your "very fast"KTM-250sx for the rest of the season instead of just one race ie.Mike Sleeter @ Hangtown! I know for the right amount of $$$ you guys @ KTM can get a highly talented rider to not only race the 2-stroke for a season but WIN on the 2-stroke! So with that said KTM,what'a ya waitin' for?  ::) :P :o

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
Re: Calling Out KTM & Yamaha!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:10:38 PM »
They may just decide to do that once they see a certain YZ250 smokin' 'round the track  ;D
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 02:18:58 AM »
Yeah, a great idea, and one which would definitely be great to see, but I would much rather cheer for Project two 50. True two stroke die hards doing all they can to make it to the races and compete and make a positive statement for the two stroke. They are the underdog and apparently competing on sub-standard machinery. It will be great to see them succeed. Also, dont read too much into Yamaha pulling their race support from Fred Andrews. Here in Australia, this is the first year I have had to buy a bike for quite a lot of years, as the new guidelines for their race plan were too stringent and didnt offer enough incentive and required too much commitment to stay with their race bikes. Just some of the major cutbacks that Yamaha as a manufacturer employed to make it through tough financial times globally. I ended up buying a Yamaha anyway.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
The 250 two stroke cannot compete against the factory 450s. Nick Wey was a hold out for awhile but couldn't keep the pace on it. I wish the AMA would allow at least up to 280cc in the 450s and 144cc in the 250Fs. Then you would see the tide change.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 09:16:58 AM by burn1986 »

Offline FatBiker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 08:41:41 AM »
The 250 two stroke cannot compete against the factory 450s. Nick Wey was a hold out for awhile but couldn't keep the pace on it. I wish the AMA would allow at least up to 280cc in the 450s and 144cc in the 250Fs. Then you would see the tide change.

And not sell the incredibly high priced repair parts & extensive shop hours needed to make/keep a 4T running/competitive?  Are you high? ;)