Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: The Ultimate Mini, The Fastest Pit Bike, or Tim The Toolman's CR250mini....  (Read 9680 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Thought I would post up a pic of the motor in the frame. The pipe is definitely gonna stick out.  But man I can't wait to finish it. I have the swingarm and the radiators on the way.  CRF150R fart frame.  Sad, the crf150r motors are now worth almost as much as the whole bike. They are hot commodities, because the bikes go through the motors so fast.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:25:23 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
exiting
 how about a older cr pipe on the (picture) looks like the dont go so much forward 1988-1990 stock pipe

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Can I have a ride when it's finished ? ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
OMG, that is totally awesome 8)! Did you have to do much fabricating?

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
Thats insane....i thought the 125 ya got was mad but this takes the cake.......whats next??
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Thats insane....i thought the 125 ya got was mad but this takes the cake.......whats next??

Thinking about a KTM 380 motor in a new 2011 250sx-f or 250sx frame? Figure It may be easier finding the SX-F frame due to engine failures. The 250sx, I'd guess not many just rollers around...  In my opinion, a 350-400 2 stroke would be the best bike ever.  300 is alittle soft and a 500 is too much to go the fastest you can go.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:34:52 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
I wish I still had the pictures, maybe have to search for them but someone put a KTM 550 into like a 2009 KTM frame and it looked awesome.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
weren't the ktm 550's counter balanced?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:25:43 PM by factoryX »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Swingarm has entered the building.  Tonight tonight tonight, oh oh (space the rearend with motor).  Radiators should be here soon and then can finish up the frame.
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
    • View Profile

Thinking about a KTM 380 motor in a new 2011 250sx-f or 250sx frame? Figure It may be easier finding the SX-F frame due to engine failures. The 250sx, I'd guess not many just rollers around...  In my opinion, a 350-400 2 stroke would be the best bike ever.  300 is alittle soft and a 500 is too much to go the fastest you can go.
Now that my friend WOULD be the ultimate.......why did KTM stop making them?? I wanted to buy one in 2001 instead of my 250 but they stopped in 2000, all there was was the EXC..

05 CR 250

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
Actually I not sure about the frame, but it has a lot of late model stuff on it.

Starting it:

KTM 550 start up, round two

You could put a 550 motor in the frame :)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:33:13 PM by opfermanmotors »
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
    • View Profile
Looks like hes just adapted the new plastics and stuff to me, would look pretty damn good still though..

05 CR 250

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile

Now that my friend WOULD be the ultimate.......why did KTM stop making them?? I wanted to buy one in 2001 instead of my 250 but they stopped in 2000, all there was was the EXC..

I don't know much about KTM's to know that answer. Sorry. I'm starting to follow them because of their making of 2 strokes still. Nothing more, nothing less
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
miedos check out this thread some guy making a modern 440

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=393440

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
That was very interesting. i wish he would have info'ed more about what motor he started with.  I wonder, on a current 250sx, how hard to go to a 350cc or so with bore and stroking it.  The only thing I would prefer on a big bore 2 stroke is electric start and low vibration.  It would be a open class killer in my opinion.  I know the offroad version has it, but I wonder how much I'd prefer the sx model?  I'll do some research before I pull any triggers for sure. 
www.miedosoracing.com