Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: lil rumor  (Read 32362 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Re: lil rumor
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »

If Im wrong then prove me wrong  :)  I believe the debate we have going here is like beating a dead horse.

I already did.You're just too blind to see it.Hahahahahahaa
Beating a dead horse or not,it's been a welcome diversion from house chores so I'm ready for the next 6-7 page debate :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2011, 12:03:02 PM »
Seriously the hole debate started when someone sugested that Hondas reliability reputation was not warranted.
I agree.
Fact 1: Honda make some good bikes & cars.
Fact 2: Honda have made some pigs.
Fact 3: Honda have been one of the worst manufactors that will never admit fault or admit they got it wrong.
I dont believe Honda are any better or worse then any other manufactor.
If humans are involved anywhere in the production, things will go wrong.

I agree.

Honda's reputation was built when you were comparing Honda's with Triumph/Norton. :o
Was not a fair comparison was it.
They have been living on it ever since.

I wouldnt know about how Honda's reputation was back then I can only speak for the past 15 years or so. Im honestly not a die hard Honda fan  ;)
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
I already did.You're just too blind to see it.Hahahahahahaa
Beating a dead horse or not,it's been a welcome diversion from house chores so I'm ready for the next 6-7 page debate :)

Are you serious? Were? I think you need to take a break from painting for a little while Ford those fumes are starting to get to you.  :P

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »
I agree.Painting is mindless drudgery and borderline a fate worse than death-especially if you could see the puke orange/brown color the old girl picked out :-X

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
 :D Atleast your getting your honey-do chores done Im still just listening to her gripe  ;D ;)

I know how being a mechanic is, you guys see anything and everything that has broken and are not a quick to say a particular brand is better.

Offline rbigair40

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2011, 06:26:08 PM »
Yea hondas cars are great :o if you change timing belt and water pump every 90k and cv joints and ring it every 150k   they are the best  ;D ford f150 220k changed plugs and put one set of brakes on it and KTMs are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2011, 07:12:50 PM »
As stated the countershaft was failing in the region of the output bearing and the counter shaft sprocket/spline was falling off of the motor.

No point pouring coolant into a motor when it runs out of a hole in the block where a frostplug once resided.

From a consumer's vantage point Honda products are good value for the money and serve their customers well,from the vantage point of people who service Honda products they are middle of the road,nothing special,and we honestly wonder what all the hype is about.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)

Agreed  :D

When it comes to cars Im a Chevrolet man. Ive got a Camaro Ive been building over the past year thats going to be upseting a few local Mustang owners very soon  :P

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
No point pouring coolant into a motor when it runs out of a hole in the block where a frostplug once resided.

Were did it go? Freeze plugs usually dont move unless ice expands in the block from improperly mixed water or you somehow over-pressurized the cooling system. Both can be avoided with proper maintinence.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »
I have many sister in laws and,agreed, the maintenance is lousy or non-existent among their vehicles.Case in point,one sister in law came to me and said her Toyota was making a "funny" noise.I popped the hood and quickly found the problem - the waterpump had failed and the impeller had bored it's way halfway out of the housing and some how the belt had stayed on.There was not a drop of coolant in the car,it was a hot day and the car was still running on all four cylinders!I think up untill their recent problems Toyotas have had a well deserved reputation for quality and reliability.

It's interesting to note that the reputation of Honda differs greatly in other parts of the globe.In many parts of Europe, England in particular, they are viewed as a "pensioner's car".

As a collector of vintage motorcycles I have noticed that Honda 2Ts from the 70's are in many cases non-existent.Spanish motorcycles have a reputation for poor metallurgy and related reliability issues yet I find many,many Bultacos,Ossas etc. and they all still run.Where are all the MR/MT 125/175/250s? I haven't seen a MR250 in decades.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2011, 03:59:13 AM »
Yuck. You drive a ford  ???
Very embarrasing  ;)

Agreed  :D

When it comes to cars Im a Chevrolet man. Ive got a Camaro Ive been building over the past year thats going to be upseting a few local Mustang owners very soon  :P

I drive a 96 F150 and the wife a Toyota Echo.I wouldn't touch a Ford truck after 96,or a later model Chev truck either.It seems many city types wanted to drive a truck but wanted it to ride like a car.These days,if you want a truck,you have to move up to a 3/4 ton.
As far as the Camaro goes,maybe you should look at an old station wagon instead.
Years ago,I was working in another province and driving an 81 trans am.One day,I stopped at a set of lights and a guy with an old rusty dodge station wagon pulls up along side and starts revving it and pointing ahead.I thought,oh come on buddy,geez but then,what the hell,all right.When the light changed,he left me for dead.
I saw him a little ways down the road pulled in getting gas so I stopped to talk.It turns out,he had just built the engine for his Demon but as the car wasn't done he decided to throw in the wagon just to make sure everything was working good before putting it in the Demon.In his words "You know,I've been having so much fun jumping on Mustangs and Camaros in this old wreck I might have to leave it in and build another one for the Demon" That always struck me as too funny  :D

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2011, 06:21:07 AM »
That's funny stuff ford, my dad had an Aspen wagon, it was in a wreck and the 225 slant 6 block cracked, so he pulled a 360 out of the junk yard and stuck in there. Talk about hauling groceries!!!!
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2011, 07:53:10 AM »
Years ago I had a Nova SS with a hypo fuelly 327 and at a traffic light a Volkswagen Beetle challenged me to a drag.I looked over and there were four people in the car and I could tell by the snarling sound that there was something special about the boxer motor rattling away in the back.Now bear in mind that my Nova was quicker then Japanese 600s of the time so it was a fairly fast car.Well the light turns green and I launched the Nova,engine torque twisting the entire car and the glove box popping open (as it always did).Imagine my surprise when that Bug stayed right with me,lifting the front end with every shift!It took everything the Nova had to pull ahead of that Kafer!

I've got a newer F150 and it is a perplexing vehicle ,it is fairly economical and nice to drive,and it also has a shoddy build quality that makes Hyundai Excells look good and is a nightmare to work on. :-X

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »
Both Ford and GM  Trucks are built light and shoddy these days.Likely if you were the pull the fill plug on your rear dif you'll find metal shavings.They're just not built like they used to be.You never used to change rear ends other than abuse or low oil level-now you do it all the time.Many of the mechanical parts are the same way.If I was buying a new domestic full size,it would likely be a Dodge.They have their issues too,just not as many.