Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Non-Moto

Two stroke hillclimbing

<< < (2/16) > >>

Coop:
My friend friend  Frank Volbrecht, formally from western NY, now living near Bedord Indiana (owns the bike shop Outdoor Purrformance in Avoca, IN) used to love hill climbing. He build this bike and for the life of me I cannot remember the bike/engine he used as the base.

2smoker:
They are spraying meteorite! Metal Paddle attached to a retarded engine! These guys are nuts!

opfermanmotors:
I have a 86 CR500 and it's terrible in the trails.  Too heavy, doesn't turn, the snappy power makes it just spin tire if you ever loose momentum.

A friend of mine has a 2001 CR500 and it's actually even worse in the trails.  The 86 has a bit more bottom end makes it a little easier to ride in the trails, but the 2001 may have a little better suspenion, but its harder to ride in the trails.  He is always crying when we go on tight single track or what not and has backed out of attempting hills that the Maicos put up.  He is actually thinking to get a Maico just because of how mine handle in the woods compared to his CR500.

I'm like this trail isn't that bad, he's like but look at what you're riding!  He always says why don't I bring the CR!

One time on a double black diamond he almost went over the edge of a cliff, I have it on video.  I was there on the 1982 Maico 490GS and there is a landslide that went onto the trail.  One side of the trail is the hill the other side is a 50 foot drop stright down.  On the trail at this section is a pile of loose rubble from the landslide. 

I stopped at it, and then I just putted right over it on the Maico.  He went on it and slowed down and when he gas it a little bit of gas to keep going, like CR500's do, the back end just spun out and kicked itself right down almost off the side!  The maico doesn't spin out and those CR500's are all pretty heavy as well. 

keeptwostrokesalive:

--- Quote from: Coop on July 25, 2010, 02:57:03 PM ---My friend friend  Frank Volbrecht, formally from western NY, now living near Bedord Indiana (owns the bike shop Outdoor Purrformance in Avoca, IN) used to love hill climbing. He build this bike and for the life of me I cannot remember the bike/engine he used as the base.

--- End quote ---

Coop, the bike at the end of this video is fairly similar to the one in your pic.

Dickeyville Hillclimb June 2009 - High Definition LPmotocross.com

GlennC:

--- Quote from: opfermanmotors on July 25, 2010, 04:20:50 PM ---I have a 86 CR500 and it's terrible in the trails.  Too heavy, doesn't turn, the snappy power makes it just spin tire if you ever loose momentum.

A friend of mine has a 2001 CR500 and it's actually even worse in the trails.  The 86 has a bit more bottom end makes it a little easier to ride in the trails, but the 2001 may have a little better suspenion, but its harder to ride in the trails.  He is always crying when we go on tight single track or what not and has backed out of attempting hills that the Maicos put up.  He is actually thinking to get a Maico just because of how mine handle in the woods compared to his CR500.

--- End quote ---

Have Your friend do a little reading over at cr500riders.com lots of good info over there, Sounds like his bike is horribly out of tune.
I am quite certain that the older ones are higher strung and the newer ones have a broad spread of power.
Mine really has great torque down low and pulls great through the whole RPM range.
You should ride a properly tuned Service 500.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version