Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Im sick of hearing people say!!!  (Read 3023 times)

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
Im sick of hearing people say!!!
« on: October 02, 2010, 04:27:41 PM »
I cant stand it when my friends say, "yea i think im going to switch to a four strokes so i dont have to worry about doing a top end job all the time."  My friend has a 1998 yz125 and he goes through top ends like its candy. :P  I know why too, he treats the bike like crap, he never changes the oil, never cleans the air filter and when he does he doesnt put air filter oil on it.  It really makes me mad. >:(

Then my other friend made the switch to a 250f after he went through 4 top ends in about 2 months on his 2004 yz125.  I kept telling him that his cylinder must be damaged, but every time i said this he was like nah the cylinder is fine. So when he bought his 250f i bought the bike from him for $800, sure enough the cylinder was damaged.  I fixed it up and sold for a profit and bought a  kx250.

Is there anyone else out there dealing with friends like this.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Im sick of hearing people say!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »
Nah, all my riding buddies get 20 years or so on a top-end. :P

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »
It sounds like getting a 4-stroke would be good for this guy. First off, he will end up paying at least $3500 to get one that will have the same performance of his 98 YZ125 (that is minimally maintained). Once he starts having to have the valves adjusted and have to do a top end rebuild, he won't be riding for awhile. I had a 99 YZ125 that I rebuilt and rode hard for about 1 1/2 months and it was just getting broken in, before I sold it for what I put in it. The performance of these bikes is very close to a newer yz from today.

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
oh yeah, I have plenty of friends like that. I just now had my first 2 stroke engine failure, and I can say it was my fault. The main issues with today is nobody cannot do the following: Jetting, Air filter, oil ratio, and compression tests.  Another issue especially in oregon, is the crap fuel which builds carbon up at a alarming rate. I am lucky enough to have multiple gas stations around that sell ethanol free premium.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:55:48 PM by factoryX »

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline rookie

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
i hope i have friend like that

so i can get cheap bike.

:D

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 06:26:46 AM »
I cant stand it when my friends say, "yea i think im going to switch to a four strokes so i dont have to worry about doing a top end job all the time."  My friend has a 1998 yz125 and he goes through top ends like its candy. :P  I know why too, he treats the bike like crap, he never changes the oil, never cleans the air filter and when he does he doesnt put air filter oil on it.  It really makes me mad. >:(

Then my other friend made the switch to a 250f after he went through 4 top ends in about 2 months on his 2004 yz125.  I kept telling him that his cylinder must be damaged, but every time i said this he was like nah the cylinder is fine. So when he bought his 250f i bought the bike from him for $800, sure enough the cylinder was damaged.  I fixed it up and sold for a profit and bought a  kx250.

Is there anyone else out there dealing with friends like this.

Your buddy is the perfect example of a 250F failure to happen. Just wait until he doesn't change oil, air filter etc on that time bomb.  You will be able to pick it up for $800 from him too.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 06:30:12 AM »
Your buddy is the perfect example of a 250F failure to happen. Just wait until he doesn't change oil, air filter etc on that time bomb.  You will be able to pick it up for $800 from him too.
[/quote]

I wouldnt pay $200 for a blown up time bomb

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 11:47:48 PM »
Use big words they cant argue when you tell them the truth. Unless they tell you to stop using big words...
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 04:45:28 AM »

I wouldnt pay $200 for a blown up time bomb
[/quote]
Ahh, but AF models are awesome. I love my CR500AF  ;-)  Although I started with a older CR250R Frame, I'd love to have a 2010 CRF250 frame.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 07:51:28 AM »
Was just gonna say that. Cheap AF convo coming up! Where's my spare KTM 500 engine... :p