Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: fuel injected TM 2t  (Read 13120 times)

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: fuel injected TM 2t
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 07:50:06 AM »
On bikes like the cr250 02+ you can just loosen the carb clamps an push the carb back and twist it out to jet

but my ktm85 you got to remove the subframe ,

i hope they can get the fuel injection working

Offline cmiller493

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 08:44:00 AM »
Lol I am definitely one of those "don't know how to jet". I'm sure I could figure it out I've just had nobody teach me lol. My dad knows nothing bout bikes so I just learn everthing from the internet but all jetting tutorials seem confusing, or maybe I'm an idiot.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 09:00:41 AM »
I'm a technology Junkie, so I would definately get one.
I will be getting a  KTM or TM 250, I may just wait until some injection is available.
But I'm sure I will always have my YZ, and some spare jets on hand. :)

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2010, 09:18:49 AM »
Can anybody tells frigging TM Racing to update their website? We are not in in the 90's anymore.. Awful site.
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 02:17:40 AM »
Hey 2smoker,

I dont find their website too bad. But I am not real fussy. If I am interested, I will work my way around it.

A question for John and TMKiwi, and anyone else with a TM. How do the new TM's compare in handling with the KTM's and the Japanese two strokes. Say a well set up YZ. Do they feel balanced? Do they still require a revalve just like every other bike on the market. Are they similar in ergonomics?  I have also read that all the TM's make big horsepower, is it very tractable, or can it be hard to ride? How have you found buying genuine parts price wise against aftermarket parts for jap bikes? Thanks, for any more info on what looks to be my next bike.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2010, 12:04:11 PM »
SwapperMX.
The handling i find is great.My bike turns as well as my rm did but with a little bit more stability at speed. The tm's are alot less twitchy then the katoom's. Compared to yz's i havn't riden a yz for a few years so can't really compare. But stock i would think the tm would be better off road.
Suspension wise the bikes are awsome for a standard setup. Mine has the optional Ohlins.
You should not need a revalve at all but the spring may need to change depending on you weight. I am 5"10 and 85kg.
If you buy new you can specify spring rates.
The egos of mine are spot on for my size with plenty of room to move around with.Similar to my rm with bar risers.
The seat height is lower then ktm's which i like. Ktm's are just too tall these days unless you are a freak like john  ;)
You are right about horsepower they do have plenty and the 300's have a good bottom end.
I have yet to be out draged by anything yet.There was a guy in the weekend on a CR500 at the trail ride i did and was hoping to see him out on the track and have a ride with him but never caught up.I rode with a guy on a Husky TCX450 and the bikes are similar in power but mine seemed to have a little more top end. I will say i do get a bit of cramp after 2-3 hours from holding on and you do need to be carefull at times with your right hand. I had to short shift all day yesterday because of the slippery grass. Nearly had a couple of off's with the arse coming around. :-[
There is always the lever on the left bar you can use in tricky situations that some people forget about  ;D.It's hydraulic as well.
Parts are reasonably priced and are available here in nz or 2 days from Aussie.
Get one , you will love it.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline Zuendapp

• Novice
    • View Profile
USA TM website
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2010, 06:01:48 PM »
What website are you looking at?   In the USA, Barker Bros. update their site on almost a daily basis with new model releases and Racing updates.

http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/

Terry

Can anybody tells frigging TM Racing to update their website? We are not in in the 90's anymore.. Awful site.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: USA TM website
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2010, 05:06:43 AM »
What website are you looking at?   In the USA, Barker Bros. update their site on almost a daily basis with new model releases and Racing updates.

http://tmracingmotorcycles.com/

Terry

Hey... I know the guy that does that site!! Nice dude! ;D ;D
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!