Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: mx to enduro  (Read 4310 times)

Offline HS125

• Junior
    • View Profile
Re: mx to enduro
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
You probably know this but, to be safe and keep any speed up in an endueo or harescramble you need to be in very good shape.  You will probably race for at least 2.5 hours non-stop in a harescramble and depending on your speed, in an enduro, you may get to rest in between sections.  It's very different in regard to mx. 

Most mx guys adapt well to off-road,  not always the case switched around.

My goal is usually just to finish as I am old.

Just my .02.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
MX is a sprint,off road is a marathon.As stated-buy a camelbak.If you don't hydrate,you can die. In my first race  I  overheated so bad I crashed but had the presence of mind to crawl into a stream a few feet away and lay there until I cooled down.
I've seen many MX-ers show up to put a beating on the off road weiners and tear it up good for about .5 hrs,then crap out.Pacing yourself is harder than it sounds but is the way to go.
I've had EXC and SX set up for woods/track both but preffered the SX in the woods.Either bike will do either.That said,the less your ability,the easier it is to set your bike for both-which is probably why i can do it. :(
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »
I recommended the EXC because you said it was an option against the 150.
It really isn't any good for moto in stock trim. but you can put the forks and shock from the SX on it so you might consider gettting an extra set of suspension.
On the other hand the 200XC is a very capable bike for either, but you'll be pressed to find a class to race it in MX.
if it were me I would get the 250XC which comes stock with an electric starter and a lighting coil, so you could add a lighting system down the road. I don't think however, that it is spark arrested stock.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline rookie

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »
great advices

seem like the dark clouds is slowly moving away, can see better now.

let me do some thinking and decide what i want.

cheers!!

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 06:50:14 AM »
Let us know and show pics :)
I've always used all my bikes for both but had different suspension clicker settings for both as well.
The young talented guy that used to kick all of our arses up here used to ride an IT.  :-[  :)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.