Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Well that sucks  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Lolerbabop

• View Profile
Well that sucks
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 07:47:05 PM »
There's no way Husqvarna is getting shut down just like that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
Well that sucks
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 12:53:44 AM »
I tend to agree with evo550.  KTM CEO Stephan Pierer probably was given a load of **** in the sales pitch by BMW and even after due dillegence by the corporate lawyers, something was discovered. They will sort it out, fix it, and get it going again. There is too much money at stake not to.

Husqvarna is not competition against KTM. They wouldn't buy it to shut them down and take them out of the market...that would only create dozens of start ups with the hopes of the same thing happening. Having viable competition in the market - especially one you can control, makes your product better and makes you a stronger company.

I agree. Although, I wonder what this will mean for Husqvarnas alledged two stroke FI/DFI whatever it was.

Husqvarna is not technically owned by KTM. It is owned by whatshisface industries. Its a technical loophole that probably has legal significance somewhere along the line. Time will tell what he intends to do with it, hopefully he will kickstart it again.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
Well that sucks
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 01:20:28 AM »
These days you never know who truly owns what or where this or that is built or will be.All you can be sure of is that India and China are the most likely manufacturing locales for anything when setting up new facilities.
I wouldn't be the least surprised to see new Huskies built in India....and TM's built in China.Given the colour,they sort of look like that now. ;D
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.