Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hondas new banner  (Read 6775 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Hondas new banner
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
The Honda thing reminds me of the current NASCAR rules.  You want to talk about BS rules?  How about forcing everybody in the class to not only use the same [Chevy] engine, but also the same wheelbase, same width, and even the same body!  And back in the day, when the car makers were allowed to use their own engines, Chrysler started winning everything with the Hemi, and it was eventually banned out of existence.  I seem to recall some token rule about being able to use a 305 in the 427 class or something like that.  Sound familiar?

That's a template to make sure the car's shape is IDENTICAL to everyone else's.  They will also tear the car apart to ensure that none of the parts inside are too good.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Cable Stretcher

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
I saw an interview where Rossi was talking about the 500 2t and he said those guys were 10x the rider he is today and he would have given anything to race them in their prime.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »
Maybe I should of called this threads subject: Lets hear what you all think about Honda. So, LETS HEAR IT!!!! :)
And if no one likes it, oooohhhhh well this is our opinion. I want to hear the mad scientist's opinion on Honda, and I want to hear it NOW!!!!  >:D I believe everyone has a right for having what they say without getting flamed like on those other forums.

I loved the 500GP bikes, those things had the mentality of a crazy schizo ex-girlfriend. One second they are being good, then the next they are out to kill you. :) Although they did tame them down a lot since the 80's. :(

I saw an interview where Rossi was talking about the 500 2t and he said those guys were 10x the rider he is today and he would have given anything to race them in their prime.
That's exactly why no one can beat Rossi, and he still prefers to ride the 500. Wonder why?

Recovered

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »
Your last sentence should be engraven in the minds of all motorcyclists. Very few truer words have been spoken by mortal men. And I'm not jurking your chain. I believe that. 8)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:21:38 PM by madscientist »

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
the mentality of a crazy schizo ex-girlfriend.

Lol.High maintenance and high strung but nothing like tehm when they're on the pipe ;)

Oh yeah,smileys,I don't see them either but when someone posts one it comes up written ie "roll eyes"

As for Honda bashing,I can't help it.My best riding buddy rides nothing but and a 4t at that.Shameful.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline Out of Order

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »

I get goosebumps by just looking at a YZR500 like this one. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)