Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Two Stokes of the Florida Motocross series  (Read 15082 times)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Two Stokes of the Florida Motocross series
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 08:31:14 AM »
Great pics, all nice bikes!

TxTechRedRider I am very sorry for your troubles. I hope things are looking up for you. I am not a divorced dad, but I am very close to my nephews/nieces and I know how much that hurts when I can't do for them like I want so I can't imagine your frustration. Hang in there my brother of the smoke! Don't be afraid to ask for help, I have learned in my years of dirt biking that "most" dirt riders are good folks that will go out of their way to lend a hand to fellow riders.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline TxTechRedRider

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »
Coop,
Thanks for the kind words. You are right, it can be tough when the funds just arent there.
We are currently saving our pennies (literally) and doing extra part-time jobs for the next 2t dirt bike.
Hopefully by the middle of September we will have one, just in time for some cooler riding weather.
In the mean time we have done some looking and discussing of bikes.
Thanks again.

Todd
07 Honda Cr125.   
Petition signer #61

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 06:44:15 AM »
Totally cool pictures! Good post. Thanks for showing us real motocross machines :D

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 12:24:53 PM »

Raymond Johnson now has two 2003 Rm250

Drew Stocker 17yrs 2005 YZ250
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 12:30:48 PM »

Brinsley Dyess 15yrs old 2005 YZ250
Brinsley's dad is Dean Dyess he runs the Florida Motocross Series. She was on a kx250F but said she likes the YZ250 Two Stroke better.Brinsley is one of the fastest girls in the state of florida and has done well at loretta's the last couple of years.

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 12:08:55 PM »
IMG]http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60/luthier269/dadsPicture075.jpg[/IMG]
Mark Derose 20yrs old 2001-CR250

Bob Tiesler 50 yrs old 2007-Cr250

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »

Mark Derose 20yrs old 2001-CR250

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »
Hi everyone
   I just wanted to share some observations. I started this post to show everyone that real people are racing two strokes. Well, to my surprise how many of them are out there. What you guys don't know is how many riders I've missed taking pics of maybe more than I've gotten. The other thing is when I've talked to the riders thier reasons for riding two strokes. Most did'nt know about the web site but had the same reasons we have been talking about for the last couple years. Maybe because of the economy many have complained of the cost of buying and maintaining a four stroke,and that the choice was stop racing or race a two stroke. But with the rule change of 250 to 250 the racers are flocking to the two stroke to be competitive and soon we will also. But the latest coments I've been hearing and hearing alot is the two stroke is more fun to race and the younger riders have been saying this. I think its a good sign for motocross and two strokes. The economy has hit us hard in Florida and our attendance at the races is way down and has me a little worried. I've talked to some of the parents that we started with and asked what happened to some of them and they say they could'nt aford to race anymore! Some of the ones hanging in are doing it with the help of the two stroke, and its helped us hang in there also.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 03:46:45 AM »
Hi everyone
   I just wanted to share some observations. I started this post to show everyone that real people are racing two strokes. Well, to my surprise how many of them are out there. What you guys don't know is how many riders I've missed taking pics of maybe more than I've gotten. The other thing is when I've talked to the riders thier reasons for riding two strokes. Most did'nt know about the web site but had the same reasons we have been talking about for the last couple years. Maybe because of the economy many have complained of the cost of buying and maintaining a four stroke,and that the choice was stop racing or race a two stroke. But with the rule change of 250 to 250 the racers are flocking to the two stroke to be competitive and soon we will also. But the latest coments I've been hearing and hearing alot is the two stroke is more fun to race and the younger riders have been saying this. I think its a good sign for motocross and two strokes. The economy has hit us hard in Florida and our attendance at the races is way down and has me a little worried. I've talked to some of the parents that we started with and asked what happened to some of them and they say they could'nt aford to race anymore! Some of the ones hanging in are doing it with the help of the two stroke, and its helped us hang in there also.

I really appreciate this thread that you have developed. It is wonderful to see this happening in other parts of the country.

Would you mind if I used the photos from this thread, along with some of your comments for a feature article on the main TSM site?

Thank you!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 06:16:23 AM »
Go ahead and use what you need.  Thanks

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 07:11:57 AM »

Here are a couple of two strokes going at it at Dade city MX.

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2010, 02:51:08 PM »

Daniel and Jerry Cook Daniel is 15yrs old Dad Jerry is 53  2003 cr125.
 Daniel just moved up from super mini and today rode in the 125 two-stroke only class at Waldo MX. Also Jerry and I worked together in 1983 as mechanics at the Local Honda dealer.

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »
 Also today Brinsley Dyess looked very fast on her 2005 YZ250. She chased one of the old time Pro but still very fast Brad kadau used to race at Saddleback. Brad races a new yz450f and Brinsley chased him all moto long!

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »

Brinsley Dyess 15yrs old 2005 YZ250
Brinsley's dad is Dean Dyess he runs the Florida Motocross Series. She was on a kx250F but said she likes the YZ250 Two Stroke better.Brinsley is one of the fastest girls in the state of florida and has done well at loretta's the last couple of years.

This chick races a 250 2 stroke at 15 y/o?!

She's got more balls than guys I know.

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Well done to her a true 2 stroke hero :D