Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: New Kawasaki KX250 two stroke????  (Read 6794 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
New Kawasaki KX250 two stroke????
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
A friend just passed a link from Kawasaki's Facebook page.... no other information but these photos!!

Whooo Hoooo!

Could this mean a return to two-strokes in Pro Racing?? Inquiring minds would like to know!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: New Kawasaki KX250 two stroke????
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:44:18 PM »
From what has been said, it is James Stewarts old SR250 that he raced. It is now in RV's possession. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:58:40 PM »
From what has been said, it is James Stewarts old SR250 that he raced. It is now in RV's possession. 

But why would RV want a two-stroke????  :P ::) :o 8)
Life is short.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
 :POh come on John?!#$.Why would anybody want a Kawasaki 250 2-STROKE!!!! They're BADASS BIKES & I would'nt mind at all if Ryan Villipoto raced that beast in the AMA Nationals.Hellsbells I'll race that 250 2-stroke in the ama nationals @ age 39 with Multiple Sclerosis and probably finish in the top 15 I'll bet!

Offline ferrahount

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »
Beautifull bike!!!
Ah it remembers me the good old days when the electric green bikes dominated MX Carmichael in 125 and Emig 250, uffff.
And well, as maicoman said, those bikes were fast as hell.
Now I hope Kawa will revive their two stroke lineage, but just don't think so.
I'll try to see if I can find something else about this matter...
My heart beats every cycle, so does my bike!

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Oh man, that made me drool
I'd rather be riding...

Offline Jesse162

• Novice
  • keepin the kx125
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Millers Hookit profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
Im the friend who sent the pics... there was no information but under the pictures there were discriptions, tall picture with back of semi had "RV2 has a new bike to ride" written. wide picture with back of semi had "We had to go into storage to get some of the parts but the bike sounds great" written. and the side/front view picture had "ready to ride" written. Anyway It would make my day if there was like a spec sheet on this bike or a video of ryan riding it or somthing
keepin the kx125, got a 2010kx250f now but everyone keeps askin when im selling the 125. I got no plans on selling it, too much fun to sell

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 07:16:02 AM »
It is interesting why Kawasaki would give RV a factory two stroke right now (in the midst of the SX series)? Why would the put current plastic on James Stewart's old 250 (If it is JS's old SR250)? Why would they even spend money, time, or any effort at all on a two stroke?

Offline grumpy

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 08:04:07 AM »
Why? Perhaps they see the writing on the wall. Dealers full of '08 & '09 4 strokes that won't sell. KTM and smaller vendors selling plenty of 2 strokes. 2 strokes coming back to the tracks despite the huge displacement disadvantages. 2 stroke sales thriving in Europe amidst a poor economy.

Regardless of how well the handicapped 4 strokes have done in recent years, it appears to be more of a fad than a permanent direction of motocross. With a weak economy, people don't have the money to support 4 stroke racing. The down and dirty truth is that 2 strokes produce more power per cc and are massively cheaper to produce and maintain.

Maybe Team Kawasaki is testing the waters of resurrecting the 2 stroke as it makes better business sense.
The AMA 4 stroke displacement rule is simply the AMA's Rich Kid's Handicap Rule!

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »
Grumpy is correct... the tides they are a changing... at some point the manufacturers will either get with the program or stop selling bikes..

Someone wrote someplace that they asked Malcolm Smith about the four-strokes and he said, "It's just a fad." I wish I could remember where I read that.. ???
Life is short.

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »
i gotta say - that is one badass looking bike! after the nearly complete capitulation of the 2 strokers, it almost seems weird seeing one all dressed up in modern plastic. But it makes sense. Just look at MotoGP - they are trying so hard to control spiraling costs that they're about to announce the unthinkable: 2012 regulations that would allow non-factory teams to use PRODUCTION based engines. Yes, that means the engines you can buy at your local dealer: R1, GSXR, Ninja etc. Incredible, but it's about to be reality. Hell hath truly frozen ove.r And you can best believe the drastic cost cuts will happen in motocross too.   

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »
It's obvious that they wouldn't have given RV the bike if they didn't want him riding it. The question is "for what?"

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »
i think there is a chance that Kaw or Suzuki will bring in some 250 two strokes in the near future. since they still make the machine for other parts of the world market it's no big feat. at the dealer meetings some dealers were asking the company brass about it.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
It's obvious that they wouldn't have given RV the bike if they didn't want him riding it. The question is "for what?"
According to his tweet or something like that, the mechanic of Stewart gave RV's mechanic this bike, and then RV's mechanic rebuilt it to new looking. So from what that says, it has nothing to do with the factory. Just the fact that RV likes it and wants to ride it.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »
Bummer, I wish it was a factory thing. Oh well, wishfully thinking. I still agree that the 4 strokes are a fad. Hopefully, this bike will at least stir a buzz.