Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Hey, I Made This!  (Read 10337 times)

Offline wexy21

• Junior
  • 2nd place is 1st loser
    • View Profile
Re: Hey, I Made This!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 09:29:30 PM »
I agree that you should be careful but not to a point where even if you go out for just a short spin you put on full gear. If I'm working on my bike and I just want to try it out, see how it runs, I know i wont be going flat out or jumping, so I just put on a helmet, goggles, gloves and boots. If I go practicing then I get in full gear. I Never ride without a helmet and boots though :\. I suppose in theory you must do everything you can to minimize danger, but life was never very logical, otherwise people would wear protective suits when crossing a street because they can get hit by a car, or even worse, trip and fall on the sidewalk! :D. Again, I would never ride without a helmet at least, but to each his own...

good stuff....most of us on here are experienced riders, and know when to gear up and when to just play it safe.  You said you don't gear up when you are working on your bike and want to test it out....same goes for most of us on here.  It's just not something one would do, just to go up and down a path not doing anyhting stupid.  I was putting around while waiting for the rest of us to load up our bikes and decided to do a few last laps around camp.....Before I did, I atleast put my helmet on.  I'm not going to be like "wait guys, let me put ALL my gear back on so I can do a few more stoppies before leaving, just give me 15 minutes ok!" LOL.  I guess Sunday when I pull out my bikes to do the oil changes I should gear up to warm them up:)  Oh and it's a #7 not #1, came with the bike, haven't changed it yet...I will always be #21
02 Cr125
02 Crf450
03 Polaris 250 Trailblazor
98 Buell S1WL

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 10:52:00 PM »
I always wear a helmate at the car wash when i wash my bikes
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 11:59:28 PM »
One time, before I was in elementary school, some guy in a truck pulled out in front of my mom's Cadillac, and we T-boned him (so to speak).  After the crash, I had a big bruise from the seat-belt, and it was annoying as hell.  That's why I always wear a chest-protector when I drive, except when I'm not wearing a seat-belt, in which case I don't need it.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline wexy21

• Junior
  • 2nd place is 1st loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »
Shoot I'm wearing my helmet right now and i'm sitting in my living room!  You never know what could happen.  Seriously though....helmet, livingroom = safety
02 Cr125
02 Crf450
03 Polaris 250 Trailblazor
98 Buell S1WL