Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Honda is contributing to environmental groups.  (Read 2757 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
Honda is contributing to environmental groups.
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:45:24 AM »
Superhunky.com  Says more to come. Very interesting. All these guys talking about fighting the environmentals, and all. Then it comes out that their side is fighting against them. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Honda is contributing to environmental groups.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »
I read that the other day, can't wait to see the full article.  Rick and Matt are doing a great job with those articles and the new website!!  I've been a huge fan of Super Hunky/Rondo Talbott for 30 years!!  Finding his articles about 5 years ago got me back into dirtbikes after too many years away from the sport.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:42:16 AM »
I never liked or trusted Honda anyway!Just like Yamaha in 1997 when they slipped their YZm400 4-choke into ama MX & SX!Yamahas only saving grace is the fact that they still make the YZ-250,125's.The BIG Money Companies like Honda and Yamaha are only worried about their bottom line! $$$$$$.Us 2-stroke guys & gals need to stick together and all go out and buy a 2-stroke dirtbike install a FMF silencer/spark arrester and just GO RIDING!

Offline meger z

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »
Honda will try and ban the 2stroke by the back door.

Offline Chokey

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »
Honda has contributed to various environmental groups, including the Sierra Club, for years. This isn't new news.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »
Honda has been the major player for years trying to destroy the 2 stroke.
Don't you find it rather two faced that they won the 250GP title last year.
The comentators keep saying that the bike had not been developed for 5 years but by midway through the season the honda could keep up with the Aprilia's on the straight's. By the seasons end Aoyama had more power down the straight's then the Aprilia. Even De Rosa was fighting for wins near seasons end after getting new parts from Honda.
This from a bike that has not had the power for the last few years ?

No development my A**.

Honda put considerable resourses into winning that championship for marketing reasons , But they are the main reason for the classes demise.
Honda obviously has talented 2 stroke engineers but the company wants to destroy the 2 strokes.
KTM,TM,Gas Gas,Husqvarna and co should poach the staff for them selfs.

Now Honda supplies all the engines for the new GP2 class which is just plain wrong.
Lap times for the new class at first round.
New GP2's fastest lap 2.02.537       600cc
09 250 fastest lap      2.01.750      250cc
Thats progress for ya!!!
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »
As someone who is concerned about the environment, I hate these environmental groups.  The whole point of environmentalism should be to ensure that the planet can sustain humanity for a long time to come, with room for growth and ever-increasing happiness.  It's hard to say you're not against ever-increasing happiness.  But, isn't it destructive of those ends if you bar people from using the beautiful landscapes you're trying to protect?  It's like carpet-bombing for peace, the means are contrary to the ends.  The proper way to help the environment is through technology, like direct-injection and algae fuels.

This is why I don't like Honda.  More than any other company in the world, they held in their hands the technology to make the two-stroke cleaner than the four, while still enjoying a ridiculous advantage in power-to-weight ratio.  What did they do?  They swept it under the rug and kept right on pushing valves.  And they have the balls to turn around and start pulling for environmentalism, when they suppressed one of the greatest environmental technologies of the century?  I don't know about you, but I'm not buying anything of theirs.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
i'm with you JETZcorp. i won't buy anything of their's anymore. i owned three CR 500's and three CR 250's from '86- '02. when they dropped the 500 from production i started my personal boycott. i knew they would gleefully abandon all 2 stroke production soon after. of course this wasn't exactly hard to predict back then.