Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Favorite Bike  (Read 19430 times)

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Bike
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 08:36:10 AM »
Who did the work on this? Do you run pump or or race gas? What displacement is it? Does Stroker crank really make that much more difference?

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 08:42:14 AM »
Unlimited money? It would have to be an ATK 700 Intimidator, i've never been on a dirtbike that would deliver the kind of thrust that i assume that thing would deliver. Since there's no budget i'd probably send it to Eric Gorr to have him work his magic on it, can never have too much horsepower  :P :P :P

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 08:58:40 AM »
ATK 700 Intimidator

Why not get the Maico 700?  The engine is the same and if you saw the latest Maico International news the 2011 will have 20 more HP.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline Chris2T

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 10:21:39 AM »
ATK 700 Intimidator

Why not get the Maico 700?  The engine is the same and if you saw the latest Maico International news the 2011 will have 20 more HP.

you're absolutely right, for some reason i was thinking the Maico stopped at the 620. Maico 700 it is!!

Offline GlennC

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
Favorite that I have actually riden - My 2010 YZ250
Dream Bike - 2010 Service Honda CR250AFX with Showa A Kit. Great engine Great Chassis and best of all California green sticker.

I think I just talked myself into a new bike...

Offline metal_miracle

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »
for me that got to be the kx 125 1988 that i owned
that had a nice power band

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 12:02:10 PM »
Nice, how long was it? I got a purple one that stretched to 40.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 12:23:02 PM »
I'd get a 2011 Maico 500mmx with a 18" on the rear & a set of Fasst Flex bars with a GPR steering stablizer.My next bike would be a 2010 KTM-250sx with a 300 kit moded by Dicks Racing. :o

Offline Turquine

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »
First off, its gotta be something which will blow away any 4stroke I might meet off-road, even if it was a totally hopped up thumper. I mean on the straights and long fireroads, through the gears and top speed so it has to have the power to be up-geared and still out-accelerate any off-road thumper you can name. (Within reason, I'm not talking about it being able to beat some custom bike with a Hayabusa engine stuffed into a dirtbike frame and supercharged, lol).

First choice would probably be the Maico 700, although, I'd be a bit skittish as I've never seen an actual test on the thing compared to anything else. 2nd choice would be a '95 or '96 KTM 550 heavily modified by someone like Dick's Racing, who know how to squeeze every drop of hp and torque out of the motor. 3rd choice would be a KX500 with pretty much the same type of mods made to it as has been done to the Project 250 YZ, Micro Blued and what not. 4th Choice would be an '83 Maico Sand Spider with up to date suspension. Why not all of them, dreaming is free, lol. Throw in a KTM or Gas Gas 300 enduro for all-around work and maybe a good 300 trials bike as well, but only after I had at least one of the big boys mentioned above for my high-speed desert riding and sand-hill climbing obsessions.

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »
One of these:

With this motor stuffed in it:

Offline burn1986

• Professional
  • 1986 best year for CRs
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
Yeah, the RM is sweet for sure. I would have to admit that I would simply have to have the MMX 700. It's just too sweet. If anything, to have the motor. It would be incredible to ride on a long mx track like Glen Helen, or Millville.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Engine swaps seem to be popular, but the engine swap I had in mind wasn't actually a bike.  I dream of someday making the ultimate car that will piss off absolutely everybody.  I'll take a 2nd Generation Prius, and remove all the back seats and such.  Then, I'll take a hopped-up 426 Hemi, blown and set up as a really mean drag motor, and set that right in the middle of the Prius, with straight headers coming out through holes in the rear doors, and the supercharger sticking out the roof for intake.  Then I'll put some massive drag slicks on it, and just generally turn that thing into a 1/4-mile monster.

I call it, the Judas Prius!  Hippies will hate it because their beloved Prius is now getting 10 gallons to the mile.  The drag race crowd will hate it because their beloved 454 Chevelle just got axed by a Prius.  It's perfect!

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 01:37:06 PM »
Its genius!
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline KTMguy

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 02:57:58 PM »
Haha, Judas prius... nice

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
A 350cc Direct Injected motor put into the trickest Chrome Moly frame with Ohlins suspension & billet everything.
What brand ?. Who ever makes one first  ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough