Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Trying to decide on pipe for my RM  (Read 3604 times)

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
Trying to decide on pipe for my RM
« on: July 16, 2010, 08:18:15 AM »
I've been looking all over for a comparison of pipes/silencers for 2003-2008 RM 250.  I can't find a good pipe review or characteristics for my RM 250.  Does anyone have experience with FMF and Pro Circuit pipe on the last years of the Suzuki RM 250?

Thanks

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to decide on pipe for my RM
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 08:28:50 AM »
I had a FMF "gnarly" pipe with a "turbine core 2" silencer on my "97" Suzuki RM-250 and that bike ran like a ROCKET...! It had WICKED low end grunt that pulled very good high into the mid-range !!! :o :o :o

Offline CCOADY454

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:15:38 AM »
I had a FMF "gnarly" pipe with a "turbine core 2" silencer on my "97" Suzuki RM-250 and that bike ran like a ROCKET...! It had WICKED low end grunt that pulled very good high into the mid-range !!! :o :o :o

I'm looking for a little more low end because I'm not as fast on the gears as I used to be and I'm 220lbs, so I need to get into the powerband a little quicker without dipping the clutch too much.  I don't want to mess with the sprocket sizes yet either.  I'm still getting my legs back under me, haha.

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »
CCOADY454 Then I would still have to go with the FMF "gnarly pipe" and maybe a "Q-Stealth" silencer ! The only other pipe company that I would use personally if I'm looking for straight up low end then I would go with the " Enduro Engineering "pipe and silencer.
 One thing that I can say for sure is that the FMF gnarly/turbine core 2 combo really gave my "97" RM-250 a hell of alot low end but it just carried that low end into a decent mid range! :P

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »
I have a FMF Fatty and TurbineCoreII combo. It works great for me and I have power all around all the time.
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »
Sounds GREAT!!! ACMX... :o I watched the vid & if that's you on the YZ-125 roosting with a gnarly pipe & the turbine core 2 then all I have to say is..................ENOUGH SAID !!!  ;D

Offline Dirt Addict

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 08:52:36 AM »
i have an 06 rm250 and a 03 rm125.  ive tried fmf fatty, factory fatty, pcI, pcII, and a gnarly between both bikes. i now run the oem stockers.  i prefer the power band, on both bikes with the stockers.

btw i tried a v force III on the 250.  i couldnt tell the difference between it and the stock reed cage. so i sold it and went back to the oem one....

jmho.....

Offline Super Trucker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
I  had a  couple RM125,s  on the  98, I  used  the  topend  reeds,they  lasted  and worked  great. When  I  sold  it  I  put  the   CARBON  TECH  lowend reeds  in. They  worked  great  low  to mid, but  didn,t rev  as high, and  power  went  flat  on top.  The  buyer  was   a  beginner  so   that  was  perfect  for him.  The   98 125  had  a  BILL.S  pipes  porting,pipe  and silencer  also.

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »
Bills pipes for the RMs I hear are where it's at.

If you can't get one, shoot for an FMF Fatty or Dep pipe. Oops, read you need more lowend... Pick up a gnarly and FMF shorty, throw a tooth on the back and look @ getting a rad valve.

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
Sounds GREAT!!! ACMX... :o I watched the vid & if that's you on the YZ-125 roosting with a gnarly pipe & the turbine core 2 then all I have to say is..................ENOUGH SAID !!!  ;D

Not sure which video you're talkin about but here is a good example.
RAILING
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with