Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Suzuki is re introing the RM's to the US. Ping  (Read 7785 times)

Offline juliend

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki is re introing the RM's to the US. Ping
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 11:15:28 AM »
Think about this logically. The RM250 never stopped being sold overseas, only in the U.S. Do you honestly think they made enough bikes in 2007/8 to be selling the same stock nearly 4 years later???

Offline Suzuki TS250/185

• Expert
  • No Thanks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
where can we listen to this argument.

also its crazy that suzuki is still trying to sell 08 bikes and yamaha has to keep producing bikes for 2012. seems not many people like the rm's. dont know why, i love mine

They are'nt bikes manufactured for 08 that have been sitting around for 4 years.... That's a job best left for CRF's apparently.

They are newly manufactured bikes. They are simply identical in design to the 08 bikes.

Suzuki is just being honest about the origins of the bike. They can afford that honesty.... they know RM's will sell with or without hype!

I think 4 stroke dirtbikes are a phase, kind of like "Glam Rock" in a way. You see the whole world subscribing to it, and you wonder how everyone could be choking down so much Kool Aid and Spam... Then 10 Years later, nothing's left but the timeless stuff from before and after..

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »
Like I posted elsewhere. Kinda interesting they can't just put new VIN's on them and actually say they are 2012s.  I didn't think they had to put BNG's on Yamaha's if they didn't want too.  It seems to me, a RM250 2008 model with 2012 VIN would be the way to go??? JMHO.
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
Since Suzuki moved the 2 stroke assembly lines to Brasil, (wich i read in a magazine in early 2009 or so)
where they are beïng manufactured from around 2008,
the Dutch MX magazine ,,Noppen Nieuws'' complained about several occasional manufacturing flaws.
The main complaint was that several bolts (from seat, fenders, cylinder bolts and triple clamps)
came loose on stock RM's from the moment they used the low-key Brazillian production lines 
and it's personnel.
According to the Dutch mag it was noticable that they weren't beïng assembled in japan anymore...

Over here the RM's never went away, and are still the cheapest choice in 2 strokes.
Prices of the RM's have been just about the same for the last 4 years or so.
I still see both the RM125 and RM250 still kicking ass in the amateur races.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:13:22 PM by EJ »

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
As far as I know, the 2 stroke RM models are beiing manufactured in Brazil these days. . .

I was missinformed then.
Why don't they call them L1's then, instead of K8's.?
They might be being honest but a new bike is a new bike regardless of BNG.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 02:49:15 PM »
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »
On the dutch site, they don't display the RM125, altho it is available.
The last 3 or 4 years, they have been called Limited Edition versions etc etc.
Here's the RM250 (this same graphics design also for the 125), they call it 2010-version;

http://www.suzuki.nl/motoren/2010-rm250-limited-edition?waxtrapp=tbeziLsHcPvCrSkJvI

Also don't forget the passionate Suzuki dealer from the UK, wich offers them as enduro-cross versions.

And of course the Italian Valenti-Suzuki dealer, they offers road-legal RM125 enduro and supermoto's.
(they also do the same with RM250's if you want to)

http://www.valentiracing.it/it/enduro/rm-125-e.html

http://www.valentiracing.it/it/motard/sm-125.html

If some bikes are not beïng advertised anymore, it doesn't always mean they are not for sale anymore...

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 05:33:40 PM »
Just spoke to my local Suzuki dealer and he said the shipment he has just recieved of RM's is the last.
Suzuki NZ said there will be no more coming. :(

Offline SwapperMX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 06:17:18 PM »
Just spoke to my local Suzuki dealer and he said the shipment he has just recieved of RM's is the last.

Usually mis-informed. If you want to know for sure, you need to speak to Suzuki NZ directly. And speak to the right people. I was in the industry here in Australia for a long time, and most of time the salesman on the floor of a dealership know very little. I sometimes wondered why they did the job, as a lot aren't all that interested in bikes, especially dirty motocross bikes.
Two Stroke - A Revolution or Extinction ??

You DECIDE !!

Offline chump6784

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
Imo if Suzuki are still building them they would be better off doing why yamaha are doing and give small graphics updates and call it a 2012, just not charge an extra 2k for it. To me, by calling them an 08 makes me think they are clearing old stock and who wants to buy a bike the company is no longer supporting. With what yamaha are doing it is obvious they are still building them and to me that is more attractive than a bike that has been sitting for 3 to 4 years.

I don't think I am the only one to think this as well. In oz rm's go for 8k, yz's for 10k yet I have only seen a couple of 08 rm's but a heap of '11 yz's

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 10:14:57 PM »

You still trust whey THEY are telling us?
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08:06 PM »
Usually mis-informed. If you want to know for sure, you need to speak to Suzuki NZ directly. And speak to the right people. I was in the industry here in Australia for a long time, and most of time the salesman on the floor of a dealership know very little. I sometimes wondered why they did the job, as a lot aren't all that interested in bikes, especially dirty motocross bikes.

I know what you mean but this guy races a RM250 (Used to race the nationals but can't afford the time of work) , Lives for MX , Works with BT's mechanic & I know him pretty well.
So I do believe him.
He was disappointed about it.

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 04:54:22 AM »
Well, it could mean they are getting ready to unveil something completely new?  If Ping said they are talking 2013, and I trust him more than most in that whole group. I'd say something is about to go down.  If they are telling NZ that they aren't shipping 08's anymore. Makes me believe that a "new" RM is about to be rolled out.  Are we looking at a 2013 RM in August of 2012ish?  That would be pretty cool.   JMHO
www.miedosoracing.com

Offline Two Stroke Todd

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 06:42:15 AM »
From what I've been hearing they will be a mid 2012 release of an updated rm line. possibly something like a rmz framed 2 stroke.

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 07:12:44 AM »
Maybe with the fuel injection kit on the front page of this site?  One could only hope.....