Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: The king talks  (Read 3710 times)

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: The king talks
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:56:47 PM »
hahahaah nice!!
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline 6IX

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Exarte Pro
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 03:59:39 PM »
I can kinda get what he's saying the things he describes on the 2-strokes vs. the 4-stroke.  Weird way to put it but I'd have to agree.  More likely to pin it and come out of a swap or near miss on the 2-stroke than you will on a 4-stroke.

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 04:11:44 PM »
I wonder if he'll gt any flack from Honda for saying he likes the two-stroke??

It was cool to hear what he had to say though... thanks for the link.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline graham472

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »
Still the king!!!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »
I think Jeremy is one of the few people around that can just flat-out afford to piss Honda off.  Even if they never gave him a dime again, he'd probably still be living high just because his name is still Jeremy McGrath.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline 2smoker

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
I four forty it it nowadays even if I am older and if I crash it hurt twice as bad as the 2 stroke lol.. Jeremy doesn't make senses..He still have a paycheck from Honda I guess.. Jeremy is a bit chubby but nothing will beat his style on a motocross. He looks good and in control on the 4 stroke as well which is really rare lol .. I don't get tired watching him.. Still remember when the nac nacs were a big deal back then!! I cannot wait to watch the second part..
Formula over substance will ALWAYS sell more.

Offline Paul P

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:23:01 AM »
I got to meet Jeremy and talk a bit to him on stage in 1995 in Vegas of all places. We were both nominated for AMA pro-athlete that year. He was just like in this video. He didn't have a big head at all and was very easy to talk to. I'd rate him alongside guys like Weinert, Pomeroy, Dowd, Chris Carr, DuHamel, to name a few that are easy to talk to and great for the sport of motorcycling in general. Definitely one of the best ever, I rate him as my favorite Supercross rider of all time.
                                    Paul

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
I got to meet Jeremy and talk a bit to him on stage in 1995 in Vegas of all places. We were both nominated for AMA pro-athlete that year. He was just like in this video. He didn't have a big head at all and was very easy to talk to. I'd rate him alongside guys like Weinert, Pomeroy, Dowd, Chris Carr, DuHamel, to name a few that are easy to talk to and great for the sport of motorcycling in general. Definitely one of the best ever, I rate him as my favorite Supercross rider of all time.
                                    Paul

I used to chat with him at sx's I raced at. He was always cool to talk to and didn't come off stuck up at all. He always remembered me, although not too many asian SXer's in the US I suppose.  I met him through Graycen Goodman.  Another good guy.  Doug Henry is one of the great men in the sport as well. He let me hang out with his wife and him all day up at Millville one year. Anyways, back to Mcgrath. He is a great speaker of the truth.  He basically laid it out for people to understand everything. Not the recent, 2 strokes just don't have it anymore crap.  My friend and I argued about that last night. He did admit that the 250 Stewart was riding was 05 stuff compared to 2010 450F's. But I told him that really, James saying any local guy is gonna compare to him on any 125, 250, or 450 is just BS.  I mean sure, the 5 year newer bikes have a lot of updates. But James just laid it on too thick for my taste.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:36:14 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline G-MONEY

• Expert
  • LET'R BUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:36:19 PM »
I loves his honesty sure the 450 a completly different animal. We could get 300h.p. out of that displacement. It would have a life span of 1 moto.Will they push it to this point? This is my fear if we don't stop this train wreck.
"Everthing's the same just slightly different"

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
He is still the King........hasnt lost any of that style, so smooth, so fast, i could watch him ride all day he makes it look effortless. And he doesnt talk crap either.
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
300?  Try 600, think top-fuel, baby!  And that's with an OHV four-stroke, I shudder to think about what Don Garlits could do after thirty years of messing with a two-stroke.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline maicoman009

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:34 PM »
I completely agree with G-Money! These 450 4-strokes are disasters waiting to happen and if a MX racer does'nt have a million dollar budget or can't get a factory ride he's shit out of luck & thats a shame in my opinion because I'm sure there are alot of great riders/racers out there that can't get into the sport because of the grossly exspensive 4-strokes and the companies that are building them! It's like the sport we all love has become an "Eliteist Sport"and that is a absolute shame!!!! >:(