Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: opinions please  (Read 4387 times)

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
opinions please
« on: March 28, 2011, 06:34:55 PM »
Alright i was looking to get some opinions on this, i have some extra money and im of course gonna put it into my bike, now should i get a boyesen rad valve or have my cylinder ported by eric gorr, and if i did have it ported should i wait until i have to rebuild it because i only have about 10 hours on my top end
2000 yz125

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
Re: opinions please
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:14:06 AM »
Put it into your suspension first.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »

Good advice.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:16:06 AM »
Suspension first. It will make your bike faster than the motor mods will without it.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:32 AM »
If i revalve it how hard is that to do yourself? And are there any suspension companys you guys would recommend?
2000 yz125

Offline helfrick15205

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »
i had my suspension done by pro action in kentucky and have had no problems with it. i think it cost me $500 for the revalve, parts, and labor. they are all over the place check their website. it was definitely a big improvement.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 12:39:28 AM »
I use R&R Racing here in Pensacola, Florida. Bob Riker is Race Tech certified and is really good, the revalve cost me $240.
Revalving is not something you can really do yourself if you are asking if you can do it yourself. It is a complicated science of flow and resistance, requires special tools and intricate knowledge of your particular suspension components. It is best left to the Pros. Revalving is not always the only thing that needs to be done, the proper spring rate for your weight is also very important. You can calculate the proper spring rates for your ride and weight at http://www.racetech.com/
and get high quality springs for less $$$ at http://www.diverse-mfg.com/home.html
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 06:31:17 AM »
www.prologicsmx.com

Total Control sponsors Jeremy. He has used Pro Circuit, Factory Connection, etc.
He like TCS the best. http://www.totalcontrolsuspension.com
Fast service too, I sent his new forks out at the end of last week. They should be here today. :)

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:13 AM »
I agree with the suspention mods first. More power will not simply make you faster. Having a killer suspension set up for your weight and riding style will allow you to be much more aggressive. With todays components and tuners you can make it feel like a completly different bike. I had Factory Connection (Pricy) do mine and one of the big improvements is on braking bumps. The best most used line has the worst bumps so we avoid that looking for a smoother line. With the mods I can jump hard into the bumps and take whatever line I want exiting. I would suggest that if you have a friend that has a good setup that trying that out would help make your decision. Good luck.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »

X 10.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline downonmonday

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:46 PM »

Oh yeah for sure. I wish someone gave me this advice when I started racing years ago.
2000 Honda CR 250, 2004 Suzuki RMZ 250, 2004 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi Sport

Offline MXLord327

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 11:53:49 AM »
Factory Connection all the way, the best in the business.