Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2011 M.M.X. Shocker set to be a Stunner.  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Maico International

• Junior
    • View Profile
2011 M.M.X. Shocker set to be a Stunner.
« on: June 12, 2010, 06:17:48 AM »

Hardly surprising really given the outrageous success of the original company, followed by an almost heartbreaking failure, which following the bankruptcy of 1987 fell into the hands of various firms and individuals whose uphill battle to revive the name left conspiracy theorists forming their own opinions as each one fell by the wayside.

The phenomenal interest generated by the M.M.X. has left the British Manufacturers in no doubt as to there commitment to the ongoing development and although sticking firmly to the more traditional approach of releasing details and pictures of next years model in the autumn, enthusiasts can be rest assured that the 2011 M.M.X. will be following in the lines of the 2010 model with almost every new part being a retro fit and available as an individual purchase.

Already confirmed for 2011 is a major advancement in the suspension department with an all new high tech rear shock which has been designed specifically for the new bike by a legendary name in the suspension business, shaving one and half kilos off of the previous unit used. The recently announced all new H.G.S. factory exhaust and silencer system will be standard equipment on all models as will the red silicone rad hoses, with many more major changes expected to be announced in the coming months, and full details of the lighter faster and more agile 2011 M.M.X are expected in October. 

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 M.M.X. Shocker set to be a Stunner.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:16:03 PM »
I've never been a big fan of WP suspension. Various Maicos I've owned over the years have had WP suspension and on the newer ones the suspension has been quite good, however, if I had a choice I'd probaly still go with something else.

I'm assuming the 2011 still has WP forks, will other front ends possibly be offered? I know it is a long shot, but I've heard rumors that Ceriani is starting to make offroad forks again.

And lastly, have distributers been set up for Canada and the U.S.A.?

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 12:39:53 AM »
I've never been a big fan of WP suspension. Various Maicos I've owned over the years have had WP suspension and on the newer ones the suspension has been quite good, however, if I had a choice I'd probaly still go with something else.

I'm assuming the 2011 still has WP forks, will other front ends possibly be offered? I know it is a long shot, but I've heard rumors that Ceriani is starting to make offroad forks again.

Hi SachsGS
                Thanks for the interest, although bearing in mind current testing and future press releases etc, I have to be a little candid in my reply.I think its likely that you may be correct in your assumption of a new front end,the possibility of offering different options will come down to price pure and simple.Distribution for various countries is well underway and moving forward nicely.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:10:43 AM by Maico International »

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 02:57:42 AM »
almost every new part being a retro fit and available as an individual purchase

I love the brand and I really like the way you think of the costumers. Almost every review and article has nothing but positive things to say about the new bikes, not to mention the heritage and history of the brand. I just want a Maico more and more :D. The bad thing is I suspect it would be difficult to get the bike itself and parts for it in some corners of the world.

Hence my question :

Do you plan on launching any distributors in the Baltic region of Europe in a year or two (Latvia maybe? They seem to be the country with the most motocross achievements around here)? If not, is there any way to maybe get a whole bike shipped? I suppose parts wouldn't be a big problem because they're much easier to ship.

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 03:50:07 AM »
almost every new part being a retro fit and available as an individual purchase

I love the brand and I really like the way you think of the costumers. Almost every review and article has nothing but positive things to say about the new bikes, not to mention the heritage and history of the brand. I just want a Maico more and more :D. The bad thing is I suspect it would be difficult to get the bike itself and parts for it in some corners of the world.

Hence my question :

Do you plan on launching any distributors in the Baltic region of Europe in a year or two (Latvia maybe? They seem to be the country with the most motocross achievements around here)? If not, is there any way to maybe get a whole bike shipped? I suppose parts wouldn't be a big problem because they're much easier to ship.

Hi DangisMX,
                 Thanks for the comments, we are happy to talk to companies in Latvia with regards to distribution its not so much a question of "launching distributors" more a question of creating brand awareness and companies contacting us.

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 04:06:47 AM »

I've never been a big WP fan myself though my Berg was light years better than my past KTM's.It's not bad though and from what I've heard they are now sourcing their tubes from the same place as Showa and KYB.Regardless,it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if that's what they used.The new Maico's certainly look well developed-I'd like to see one up close.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.