Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: A little bit of $ really does go a long way.  (Read 2026 times)

Offline daosplace

• View Profile
A little bit of $ really does go a long way.
« on: June 23, 2012, 05:49:13 AM »
Two-strokes are ace. Was just washing my YZ after a nice difficult trailride, and was just marveling at how fun it is.

I've had dozens of new bikes over the years but this 05 YZ is single-handedly the cheapest dirt bike I've owned since I was 11 years old on a YZ80, and I'm easily having more fun on this bike trailriding in the woods than I've ever had on any other bike. More fun than my Christini KTM which owed me upwards of $18k, more fun than my Eric Gorr-kitted YZ250, more fun than anything.

No point to this thread, just laughing at the fact that I smashed a bunch of people on brand new four-strokes today on a bike that cost me about two week's wages.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »
Nice YZ. We know how you feel. :)

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
I like your Ohlins forks! How do they stand up against the KYB SSS forks?
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline daosplace

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 12:32:55 AM »

The forks and shock are amazing!  I own a dirt bike parts store so I got them at the right price, and I tell you what they are seriously worth it, even if you paid full price.  So smooth!  Mine is the 2005 so it had the AOSS forks, to be honest the main difference I noticed was the lack of stiction in the Ohlins forks.  Every single tiny little bump is absorbed instantly, they react so much quicker than any Yamaha forks.  There's none of that initial breaking of stiction that any Japanese forks have, it's just buttery smooth initial travel.  Love them!

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:00:01 AM »

The forks and shock are amazing!  I own a dirt bike parts store so I got them at the right price, and I tell you what they are seriously worth it, even if you paid full price.  So smooth!  Mine is the 2005 so it had the AOSS forks, to be honest the main difference I noticed was the lack of stiction in the Ohlins forks.  Every single tiny little bump is absorbed instantly, they react so much quicker than any Yamaha forks.  There's none of that initial breaking of stiction that any Japanese forks have, it's just buttery smooth initial travel.  Love them!

sooo..what you're saying is that you could get us a discount?  ;D

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:47 AM »

sooo..what you're saying is that you could get us a discount?  ;D

Yeah help a buddy out! And I think we're all dying to hear the verdict on the EFI ossa that you've ordered. Actually where abouts are you dao? Cos if you're in Aus chances are I'll buy from you.

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »
south of the border, down mexico way...

Offline scotty dog

• Professional
  • because golf courses should be motocross tracks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »
south of the border, down mexico way...
:P :P :P :P
Thats a sweet lil bike
F**K THE WHALES......................SAVE THE 2 STROKE!!!!

The hardest part about riding a 4 stroke is telling your parents your Gay!!

05 CR 250