Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Jetting Question  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Twest

• Novice
    • View Profile
Jetting Question
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
Hey guys, so fishing season is finally over (thank god) and now its time to spend a little hard earned money. i just ordered a pc exhaust with the shorty silencer and a vforce 3 reed cage. i was wondering if this is gonnna screw with my jetting? the bike is a bone stock 2005 cr 125. I will prolly order more goodies for it so i will post some pics once its all put back together.

Offline oldermxr

• View Profile
Re: Jetting Question
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 03:55:18 PM »
Twest glad to see there is another Honda fan out there I have a 2002 Honda CR125 with PC works exhaust with the R304 long silencer and V-Force reeds reason I went with the long R304 was for top end over rev. V-Force says no jetting changes needed Pro Circuit said for my year CR125 to go to a leaner 390 main jet instead of the stock 400. But with doing some jetting trials with mine I've actually found that going 1 number smaller on the pilot jet works better and 1 1/2 turns out on the air screw. I'm also useing Golden Spectro pre-mix blend at 40:1 and a NGK Iridium BR8EIX spark plug bike runs great!

Offline Micahdogg

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:02:36 AM »
Depends on what your jetting currently is.  If your jetting is bone stock, it's probably on the fat side.  In which case, leaning it out with the power adders might get you pretty close as is.  I would go to FMF's website and see what their jetting suggestion is for your bike with a pipe and then compare to what you have.

2011 KTM 250SX, 1986 ATC250R

Offline Twest

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
just got home today opened my box and pulled out my pipe and it had a big dent in it..

Offline riffraff

• Professional
  • Still smokin' after all these years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »
just got home today opened my box and pulled out my pipe and it had a big dent in it..

aaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!! that sucks!
aaahhhhh yes, I remember the good old days