Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Jeff Gibson  (Read 11566 times)

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Jeff Gibson
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 04:33:01 PM »
Awesome, I am really bummed now I missed the race.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline snook620

• Professional
  • weekend warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
A 250f has twice the CC of a 125. A 450 has under twice the CC of a 250. Just because there is less of a difference 250 to 125, it is not easier.

Agreed. The touque those little 250f time bombs are putting out would be harder for a small bore 2 stroke to match in the pro class were everyone is almost perfect. The big bikes are just fast 2 and 4.
2000 YZ 125 under construction

Offline oldschoolmx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Neither rider cracked the top 30 overall, but they still did awesome, especially second moto!

Offline monsteryz125

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
A 250f has twice the CC of a 125. A 450 has under twice the CC of a 250. Just because there is less of a difference 250 to 125, it is not easier.

Agreed. The touque those little 250f time bombs are putting out would be harder for a small bore 2 stroke to match in the pro class were everyone is almost perfect. The big bikes are just fast 2 and 4.
Ahhh thanks guys, i didnt take that into consideration i was thinking just in terms of horsepower
2000 yz125

Offline Shawn36

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »

Ahhh thanks guys, i didnt take that into consideration i was thinking just in terms of horsepower

With the AMA pro gas rules a 125 would be totally gutless compared to heavily modified 250Fs.  Back in the day with 2-strokes people ran high octane leaded fuel, which is now outlawed.  A 125 suffers a much bigger disadvantage from that than a 250.  That's not to say it can't be done.  One fast lap is all it takes to make the gate, which in the unseeded B practice would be easiest to get.  But off the start it would be terrible, and passing 250Fs on momentum alone is a brutal chore. 

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
I'm pleased with how they did, especially moto 2. It may not sound too great, but it's a step in the right direction. Those 250 smokers did beat 15+/- 450's :)

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »
I would like to thank John Nicholas for all his efforts with this web site and Project 250. He made it possible for people to belive they could compete on a Two Stroke. Beliving you can do it is 90% of the battle. I know even at a local level the pressure to ride a Four Stroke is immense people make fun of you for riding a Two Stroke untill you beat them. The doubt is starting to melt away and I think it started with John and all of the members of this web site.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 10:28:40 PM »
In all honesty, nowadays more people get made fun of for riding four strokes. Go read some comments on youtube, or comments to facebook photos. AE transworld mx posted a pic of the 2012 KTM two strokes, it got tons and tons of pro two stroke and only about 2-3 pro four stroke. The fastest guys in my town ride two strokes. We've got a couple pros here and I know they rode two strokes as long as they could. But now they are on teams and have to ride 450's
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, 06:27:02 AM »
People want to ride what wins.. I know when I'm at the track every weekend. People are going back to two's.
I personally know several people that have followed Jeremys path to the smoker. :)

Offline Kembo693

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:33 AM »
Here is some photos of Gibson and Newcome:

Offline Charles Owens

• Professional
    • View Profile
    • Two Stroke Motocross
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
Nice pics!

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »
I'm pleased with how they did, especially moto 2. It may not sound too great, but it's a step in the right direction. Those 250 smokers did beat 15+/- 450's :)
+ don't forget the 40 or more 450F's that did not even qualify. So I agree, they did really good, considering they are on bikes that lack in HP because of the unfair disadvantages given to 4 strokes.  Let us have 300cc 2 strokes, and let's see how things will change fast. 
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!

Offline oldschoolmx

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 01:19:13 PM »
Thanks for the awesome pics!

Offline luthier269

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 02:03:03 PM »
I agree with the fact that more and more riders are going to Two-Strokes.It depends on where you ride, the local track runs AMA pro rules yuck and less Two-Strokes. And the Fl Mx seires runs AMA amateuer rules and a lot more Two Strokes.
Motocross is a real sport all the rest are just games

Offline miedosoracing

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
I agree with the fact that more and more riders are going to Two-Strokes.It depends on where you ride, the local track runs AMA pro rules yuck and less Two-Strokes. And the Fl Mx seires runs AMA amateuer rules and a lot more Two Strokes.
You need to get with some people to petition that track and the track promoter to change over due to costs and the economy.  Tell them that AMA is and most states have switched to that. It happened here in Texas.  That was huge in my opinion.  Let them know more people need to be able to afford to race, thus more people at their tracks on race day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:10:53 AM by miedosoracing »
www.miedosoracing.com
Fightin the system like a 2 stroke modern day Robin Hood!