Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Thank you, Motocross Action  (Read 6333 times)

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you, Motocross Action
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 05:45:11 PM »
If you are a true two-stroke supporter... it would be a good idea to at least buy this issue!!

Absolutely amazing two-stroke tests, hop ups and an editoril (Does the Four-stroke handle better than a Two-stroke?) Care to guess which one handles better??

Take that Nate Adams!! :P :P

Wow, just read the 2T vs 4T handling article. If that final paragraph isn't a slam dunk i don't know what is. Wonder how some young guy who recently got into the sport processes all this? He's told by the manufacturers, by the dealers, by the AMA and probably by his friends that 2strokes are old technology, and then MXA tells him otherwise. Guess it's up to the individual to arrive at his own conclusions, but it's tough when there's so much misinformation out there.

Unfortunately the folks that most need to read this stuff, just won't. On top of that if they did they wouldn't believe it. Why?

That's easy... all their friends say that the four-stroke is better!!

So many of the four-stroke fans avoid talking about the real issues of their machines. The one they stick their heads deepest into the sand with is, "If your four-stroke is so good, why does it need to be twice the displacement of the two-stroke?"

They hem, they haw, they throw up smoke screens, they call names, they say your living in the past... just about anything to avoid looking at the truth.

Kind of sad actually!

That's why we need to slowly and respectfully bring two-strokes back into the fray! Every single person that switches back helps the cause. When the four-strokers see more two-strokes than fours at the race tracks, practice tracks or riding areas.. they will start to question themselves...

We are making headway! 2010 will be the year of the two-stroke!
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you, Motocross Action
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »
That reminds me, that handling article sounds like one that might be worth posting at TSM.  Yes?  No?

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?