Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 2T's are flying off the showroom floor  (Read 1546 times)

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
2T's are flying off the showroom floor
« on: June 02, 2012, 02:04:20 AM »
At least they are at my dealership. I went in one week to get some trans oil and they had three brand new yz250s and two yz125s. I went back in this week to order a throttle cable and they were all gone  :o They can barely keep them on the floor. And yet I see the four strokes sitting there for months at a time. Now I'm no business major, but am I the only one seeing the money potential here?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
2T''s are flying off the showroom floor
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 03:51:50 AM »
Dealership in my town can't get enough Husaberg 2Ts.

Offline cnrcpla

• Novice
    • View Profile
2T''''s are flying off the showroom floor
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 05:31:30 AM »
Yeah, so wouldn't it make sense to get more 2T's in and drop a few of the four strokers that aren't selling? Just my take on it, seems they would have more room for bikes that would actually sell.

Offline racer142

• View Profile
2T''''''''s are flying off the showroom floor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 06:13:13 AM »
Not quite that simple. I'm not up with the economics in figures but do know that there is only 3 major 2t producers(husk,ktm,Yamaha) and multiple 4 stroke producers. Thus the market is flooded with 4 strokes Yamaha knows exactly how fast their bikes are selling thus keeping production low keeps demand high and they can seep them for a premium(as they do) and it keeps the number of used bikes at a minimum. I know the bike design is the same as always but for every couple Yamaha produces I'm sure there is an 07 sitting at someones house that will never be ridden again or one got blown up and parted out that keeps them off the used market. I looked for a good Yamaha when looking for my 250 and only found 3-4 worth looking at in as many months. They just aren't near as common as other brands around my area.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
2T''''''''''''''''s are flying off the showroom floor
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:19:38 AM »
I haven't seen a 2 stroke on my local dealers floor in months, and brand new? years. They are major four stonk supporters, but I guess thats cos they make about 800 bucks profit off a top end job, jerks.

I'm in no position to say how the economy is rolling at the moment but with jobs being lost and prices going up, its natural that people are going for a cheaper option. I see increases in screamer numbers every time I go to the track