A few things you should know about Canada
1. You will never meet nicer people. From the time we entered the country till the time we left, everyone was polite and helpful." />
by TSMgirl on 07/23/2013
1. You will never meet nicer people. From the time we entered the country till the time we left, everyone was polite and helpful.
2. The CMRC (Canadian Motosport Racing Corp.) has rules and follow those rules, but the atmosphere in general is more laid back. It seems to be more about having fun and racing than making money.
3. Their displacement rule changed this year. MX1 is an open class and MX2 is 250 vs. 250 straight up….What a novel idea. Surely one of these days the AMA will catch on to the rest of the world. It was awesome to see and hear how many riders opted for the 250 2stroke. 7 finished in the top 20.
4. Most Canadians really do say Eh.
This past weekend we had the opportunity to attend Round 6 of the CMRC Monster Energy Pro Motocross Series, at Sand Del Lee in Ontario, with our #28 (CMRC) rider Jerry Lorenz. Almost immediately upon arriving at the track Saturday, we got stuck in the mud and had to be pulled out.
Sunday morning didn’t start off so great either. During practice, Jerry’s motor locked up. Luckily, he threw down some fast laps and was able to qualify 20th before pulling off the track. Borrowing a motor from friend, Nick Beatty, Our mechanics went to work swapping engines. Done in time for moto 1 Jerry went to the line. Screaming out of the gate, Jerry won the holeshot and led for the first few laps.
Plagued by bike problems again Lorenz slowly started to drop back and finished in 14th. Back to the pits we go. After making some jetting adjustments Jerry got ready for Moto 2. With a mid-pack start, Jerry was t-boned in the rhythm section. Hurting and even further back, Jerry continued on with the race and made some passes. After being taken out again a few laps later, Jerry was able to finish in 24th giving him an 18th for the overall that day.
We had ups and downs this weekend. We are proud of Jerry for his perseverance through it all. He will try to better his results during Round 7 of the CMRC Monster Energy Pro Motocross series at Motocross Deschmabault in Quebec this coming weekend. Also watch for #950 Nathen LaPorte competing in the states at Round 9 of the AMA Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Series at Spring Creek MX in Millville, MN.
Jerry Lorenz #28 Gopro MX2, Moto1:
We would like to thank everyone that helped us this weekend during our first trip to Canada. Thank you to Corey Flood, without him we would still be stuck in the mud. Thank you to Ross Kershner and Jerry Lorenz Sr for wrenching this weekend. And of course, thank you to our sponsors that have continually supported us, even with the extra added rounds.