Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Cycles is a Mean Toy  (Read 4345 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Cycles is a Mean Toy
« on: July 17, 2010, 09:30:11 PM »
Public Safety Announcement from JETZcorp Motors!

Cycles is a Mean Toy

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline DangisMX

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Cycles is a Mean Toy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:17:03 AM »
Great video !

I'd prefer she was on the front so that she could absorb some of the impact... Sort of like an airbag :).

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:37:38 AM »
Absorb the impact... is that what they're calling it now?

Anyway, I have to say I'd prefer her on the front as well.  Because on both of my bikes, if you're too far back there's a chance you can burn your leg on the pipe if you're not wearing long pants.  I don't want her in long pants. :D

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
Love the clips you used
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:11:06 PM »
80% of it was from On Any Sunday.

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline opfermanmotors

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:46:44 PM »
She can be in a Bikini, tie a rope around her waist and make her run.  Don't want her sitting on the bike getting all fat and lazy. 

So you going to get shin guards and some riding pants?  You would have no scrapes wearing them, I had a small fall with pants on in the mud and had cut my knee open before. The pants even make a difference, the material is made for it, regular pants don't bend right and can cause bad friction on your skin scraping it even more since it attempts to just break.  I fell with the gear and in simple accidents like that one you walk away without a scratch.
Modest beginings start with a single blow of a horn, man.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »
Well, considering that that scrape (which was actually caused by my shin bashing straight into the tree with almost no scraping involved) was really just an annoyance, I don't think that particular piece is on my priorities list.  I think the next step in terms of safety gear would probably be something like a chest protector.  I'm really not all that concerned about preventing scrapes and bruises, I just want to be able to stay alive if something truly gnarly happens.  I've also had flying rocks hit my knees often enough (from people doing exactly what you did, by the way) that some knee pads would be good.  But of course, the best thing is to just pay attention and hold on tight as a bug's ass when things get rough.  90% of the injuries I've had have been caused by either riding beyond my ability or not paying attention, with the other 10% coming from terrain (there was a real sandy spot this one time...)

Do you feel lucky, punk?