Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Riding solo... I find myself doing it more often  (Read 1852 times)

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Riding solo... I find myself doing it more often
« on: April 11, 2019, 08:38:00 AM »
I find myself in a in a strange situation...  My kids are grown and having kids of their own. As we all know spare time is precious with a young growing family. My son's baby is 1 month old, so he'll be lucky to get out a few times this season. My riding friends sometimes find it difficult to find the time to ride...  so I decided if I want to ride more (which I do), I just need ride solo...  I can usually hook up with someone at the trail head or sometimes even on the trail, but lately I've enjoyed going it alone. I've found sometimes there's nothing's better then finding a fun section and riding it over and over, testing out different trails / different lines / different sections without thinking about the group or riding buddies. When bouncing off trees, I can rides with out thoughts of making sure my riding buddies are able to clear this obstacle. I will concede when solo I do back down the pace a bit and will take the easier trail, I've found that I seem to put in more miles when solo... yes I admit it's on the easier trails, but I'm still busting down the trails...  Isn't that what it's all about.    ;D

Just as a safety measure when riding solo I do carry my phone and have a few friends near the riding area that can bail me out in-case of an emergency.  I also wear my helmet blue tooth communication device and can make a call with just the push of a button on my helmet.

How many other ride solo?
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Re: Riding solo... I find myself doing it more often
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »
been alone at the track, but that just means no friends have shown up.