Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 10/21/18 ride report  (Read 2628 times)

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
10/21/18 ride report
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:49:34 AM »
This past weekend was my riding club's annual KTM / Yamaha demo days...  Unfortunately due to some physical ailments, I decided to not ride, but rather work the event.  Temps in the low 40's (Fahrenheit) with a stiff wind made for a chilly day A co-worker of my son's asked if he and his 7 year old son join us.  He currently is bikeless as someone stole his 450 and his boy's KTM 50.  He's uncle donated a clapped out KTM 50 to replace the one that was stolen... Since I was not riding I offered my 380...  My son, his buddy and his boy had a ball... 

Our facility has both a main track, and a pee wee track, plus 400 areas of trails.  There were two loops set up, one "easy" and one hard.  We've had quite a bit of rain, so even the easy was hard to get through.  The little guy made it through most of the trail loop, but when they came upon a hill my son knew he could not make, he detoured and shortened the loop and came back to the pits.  After a bite to eat the little guy was on the pee wee track just having a ball...  lap after lap, after lap...  I kept an eye on the little one while my son and his co-worker tried the hard loop...  They finished... but were a little haggard after the loop.  After a quick rest, they hit the big track... my son pulled off after 4 laps, said his legs were rubber, and was making too many mistakes and knew to pull off and watch before someone got hurt.  His buddy on my 380 was having too much fun...  started putting in some good laps...  so much fun that he over did it, and had to call off work this morning...  lol

At demo days, you can really see the interest in the smokers...  those who are on strokers have the chance to try a smoker on a track or on a trail loop.  By far the longest line was for the 150.  If you've ever ridden one, they are just so light, and really quick...  The next most popular bike were the 125's, both KTM's and Yamaha's.  Everyone just had a huge grin after taking them for a spin.  Yes the strokers were there, but I heard several people comment as to the number of smokers at the event.  Even my son's co-worked was is a 450 fan and someone who hadn't even considered a smoker until riding mine and my son's...  now he's has a lot to consider.  My buddy's son who seems to flip between a stroker and a smoker (currently of a YZ250), took several of the strokers out... figured out the 450's are just too heavy.  Great power but are too heavy.  The 250F's he struggled to keep the bike on the correct like, especially in the corners.  They he tried the 125... loved it...  felt like a mountain bike as it was so light. 

Over all it was a very successful weekend.  The club made some money to purchase and maintain the equipment, and I did hear we did have one incident, possibly a broken leg.  With over 750 riders through the gates this weekend and one incident, I'm happy with that. 

I hate to say it, but the weather is getting colder and the riding time is getting shorter....  I hope to get out a few more times before it's time to tear the bike down and do some winter maintenance.   
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline rsmith

• Administrator
  • Expert
    • View Profile
Re: 10/21/18 ride report
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »
Thanks for the write up.

Where is the facility? It sound very fun!

--Ron.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:49:49 AM »
Man you need to learn how to post some pictures  ;D

Thanks for the report buddy.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 10:42:44 AM »
Yea I know Coop... it didn't happen without pics...   ;D 

The facility is located in Uhrichsville, OH...  web site is www.crowcanyonmx.com
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125