Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: racer x race report The Wick 338 MSC round 5 5/27/18  (Read 2310 times)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
racer x race report The Wick 338 MSC round 5 5/27/18
« on: June 05, 2018, 03:23:18 PM »
After a successful mega fun time on the NY hard pack, MSC comes to my back yard and I'm determined to show them boys a good ol fashioned sand whoopin! What I didn't account for were the New England locals to show and ruin my day lol.

I was not going to attend the OP that was running Saturday morning, but when I awoke and saw how beautiful it was out side I packed up the Hauler ( AKA Nissan Frontier) and headed up to run with my boys. I met Gino about 10 am and he had a couple of islanders with him, Nick, by the way of England and Darren, by the way of Montana. Good Blokes with good stories. Nick has this really trick KTM SX 150. So after pleasantries, we preceded to pound out three good sessions on the sandy circuit. Much fun had by all.   

After a night of bench racing and way too much merry making, I awoke Sunday with a "liquor got my brain" type of hangover. with my head so thick I was less than my usual carefree self and was worried if riding was going to be achievable, let alone racing. Well out on the track I felt fine, in the pits a different story. First race up was the Vintage 90s. With 6 riders representing the badass class, I grabbed my usual shit start and worked into forth by end of lap 1 and had to work hard to get around Tom Smyth on his YZED 250. After a good battle I was able to clear the New Yorker , but the two up front had set a good pace and with the leader gone I could only pace the second place rider from time to time. And that was that, as for some reason we only had three laps. Three laps? you F-ing kidding me? Not pleased. With that said the 125cc two stroke only class was more of the same. I did manage a better start but fell back to the eagerness and power to weight ratio of some of the younger riders (AKA I'm old and fat). So, with my head still thick and waiting for the first half to end, the rains came. Lightly at first , then a good ol spring down pour, leaving the pits flooded. It was at this moment my self told me to pack 'er in and race another day.

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: racer x race report The Wick 338 MSC round 5 5/27/18
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:40:48 AM »
RACERX laying it down
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Re: racer x race report The Wick 338 MSC round 5 5/27/18
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »