Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Practice track diaries Central Cycle club 5/12/2018  (Read 1787 times)

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
Practice track diaries Central Cycle club 5/12/2018
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:05:57 PM »

After resuming my training after surgery last week and a positive week leading up to this OP , I was disappointed days prior when learning of the weather forecast which called for rain on Saturday and lots of it. I was persuaded the night before to race at Capeway Rovers on Sunday  http://www.ncscmotocross.com/ by the Brit who lives 15 min from there. I have raced here before and do generally enjoy racing there, but I had my heart set on central and was waffling at my decision to race Capeway as sat in my garage trying to reason it out over quite a few beers. Finally I had enough and went to bed. After awaking and meandering about the house for a bit I decided to check the radar and forecast as no rain had fallen yet. To my surprise it predicted no rain until around noon! with me being 15 min from Central http://cccmx.com/ I made my decision and told the Brit to piss off! I was going to OP at Central. I got there in time to sign up, gear up and hit the track as soon as bikes were allowed on track. The place was empty with the exception of us brave few who had the track to ourselves. I put in two good sessions on the track that was prepped perfectly, but the third proved disastrous. Now central is short track with a decent hill in the back that provides just enough elevation to make it a fun track for me, but to overcompensate for its length (no pun intended) the drop a bunch of large jumps on the what seems to be every available piece of real estate they can. well with me being cheap and really not re springing my forks to accommodate for my fat they tend to bottom upon landing from these large jumps. After a good ten minute session and feeling really good on the bike I bottomed hard on a very long table top. Immediately I knew it was a mistake as my bike made the loudest tone known to two strokes, a hole in the pipe sound. As I came to a quick halt, I had a sinking feeling and looked to survey the damage This is what I found.

Well not a hole, but a whole lotta smash. Needless to say the rain started to come down anyway and my day was done. I had to install the Fatty for now and will have Fusion one http://www.fusiononeusa.com/index.html  repair my beloved Dynoport. Till my next adventure, keep on smoking.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:08:34 PM by racer x »

Offline eprovenzano

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Practice track diaries Central Cycle club 5/12/2018
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
Nice carnage...  at least you got some seat time in... 
Eric Provenzano
2019 KTM 300 XCW TPI
2000 KTM 300 EXC (Son's)
2001 KTM 380 EXC
Sold 1991 KDX 200... fun play bike
Sold 1999 KX250
Sold 1999 YZ125 (son's)
Sold 2001 Yamaha TTL 125 (son's 1st bike)
Sold but never forgotten 1974 Honda Elsinore CR250M
Sold 1974 Honda Elsinore CR125