Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Technical

Sometimes I can't believe the stupid things people do...

(1/2) > >>

eprovenzano:
A friend of my son asked is I could repair his cylinder (2001 KTM 250SX)..  Someone forgot to install the 2nd circ clip and the piston pin did a great job of machining a groove into the cylinder wall. 

He's purchased a new sleeve from LA sleeve and new wiesco piston.  This repair is way beyond my backyard garage expertise so I've contacted a local machinist I trust and he will handle the repairs... I can't believe just how perfectly the grove was machined without destroying a port...  It looks like its supposed to be there...  :D

I'll post pics of the repaired cylinder when after its fixed . 

_X_:
wow! thats unreal. seeing how I have suffered two crank failures, I can feel for this guy lol.

shane12:
i had an engine rebuilt , they didn't torque the front barrel bolts down 2nd ride it sucked air leaned out and seized :-{{ i was not impressed, lucky i caught it fast got away with only and new piston and rings

Terry Preston:
If the circlips are lined up wrong they may vibrate out, not that this is the case here though there is no apparent circuit gouging.

eprovenzano:
The cylinder has been repaired...  (Sorry forgot to take pics) but it's perfect...  The owner of the bike went over the cylinder and couldn't find one issue to complain about..  ;)  He decided to polish the ports...  I asked why???  you don't ever use the full power now... to which he asked me why I ride a 380??  Simple...  I like to dig ditches and roost you and everyone behind me with boulders, trees etc...  The 380 is not a high strung beast... It's a very docile animal, until you unleash the beast...  An 01 KTM 250SX is a high horse power high strung beast, and you need more...  OK... have at it...   :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version