Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Question about Glen Helen  (Read 1709 times)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
Question about Glen Helen
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
Watched the USGP in the weekend. Go BT ;D

Great track with some decent hills  ;D
My question is what would the lap times of a 250 smoker be ?
With such big hills would they leave a 250F for dead or are the lap times similar ?
Any one with knowledge of the track know the lap times of the different bikes ? 125 250F 250 450F
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline 6IX

• Junior
    • View Profile
    • Exarte Pro
Re: Question about Glen Helen
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 04:38:55 PM »

With such big hills would they leave a 250F for dead or are the lap times similar ?
Any one with knowledge of the track know the lap times of the different bikes ? 125 250F 250 450F

Not sure about specific lap times but I can say with confidence that a 250 2-stroke wouldnt leave a 250F for dead, even with all the hills... It might pull ever so slightly up the hills where horsepower is king, but overall a fast rough track like that would favor a 4-stroke, and it would be a lot more work to race a 2-stroke against the 4-strokes there.

Just think Ryan Villopoto smoking the world around the hilly Budds Creek course on his 250F... A slight horsepower disadvantage doesnt mean a 250F is going to be left for dead.

Offline SubTexel

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Glen Helen
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:14:54 PM »

Not sure about specific lap times but I can say with confidence that a 250 2-stroke wouldnt leave a 250F for dead, even with all the hills... It might pull ever so slightly up the hills where horsepower is king, but overall a fast rough track like that would favor a 4-stroke, and it would be a lot more work to race a 2-stroke against the 4-strokes there.

Just think Ryan Villopoto smoking the world around the hilly Budds Creek course on his 250F... A slight horsepower disadvantage doesnt mean a 250F is going to be left for dead.

This is true. The old style @ Glen Helen didn't favor 2 or 4 stroke and was a GREAT track...

Since they and the AMA had a falling out I thought it'd only get better, nope. The GP track sucks and is completely designed to favor the 4 strokes. I still do pretty good but no where near as good as I did before, the 90 degree turns into the uphills kill the momentum I was able to carry up the hill with the nice run up before. Oh well.