Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: TSM why do you ride a 2 stroke?  (Read 4338 times)

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
TSM why do you ride a 2 stroke?
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:03:38 AM »

let me know what you think?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline factoryX

• Professional
  • Hurry! Follow the other farting sheep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 12:25:52 AM »
Investing in a mic might be more realistic in the pits, awesome vid none the less.

I ride an 03 yz250, wait 04, wait 05, what ever, they're all the same #$@% YOU!

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 12:27:47 AM »
Investing in a mic might be more realistic in the pits, awesome vid none the less.

yea...those dang 4's in the background really make it hard to edit!!

you can only edit out so much, but its a lot better than what the original vids sounded like!

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 12:38:38 AM »
Its still more exposure, which helps either way.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 01:55:39 AM »
we ride our two strokes because of... BADASSERY! cool vid.

Offline citabjockey

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Yamaha Vintage Enduros
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 03:14:26 AM »
HA!

we ride our two strokes because of... BADASSERY! cool vid.
Yamaha CT3, RT3, MX125, SC500, Toy Prius, Diesel F250 (it all balances out)

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 03:55:31 AM »
Good vid. And yes, invest in a mic. ;D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 04:12:03 AM »
All the interviews were spot on except for Jerry's.
I would be carefull having your rider say that the 2 stroke has an advantage over the F.
The powers that be (AMA/FIM), don't need any ammo to keep cc v cc out of pro racing.
If he was meaning , Lighter/cheaper to maintain/more power & more fun, ( like the other riders said ) that is fine, but you don't want it sounding like they are "faster".
Lap times here and in Oz have shown the 2 bikes to be very close.

You guys are doing a good job over there. Keep it up.
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline factoryX

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 04:59:19 AM »
Imo they are technically faster, and by all means its the equivalent of throwing 450's in the 250 class, but 250 vs 250 is fair. I think if more riders were to take advantage of the rule change, it would be an out right slaughter. But lets not brag about something we don't have in our grasp yet, its getting closer.

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 10:08:56 AM »
All the interviews were spot on except for Jerry's.
I would be carefull having your rider say that the 2 stroke has an advantage over the F.
The powers that be (AMA/FIM), don't need any ammo to keep cc v cc out of pro racing.
If he was meaning , Lighter/cheaper to maintain/more power & more fun, ( like the other riders said ) that is fine, but you don't want it sounding like they are "faster".
Lap times here and in Oz have shown the 2 bikes to be very close.

You guys are doing a good job over there. Keep it up.

x2 on every point. A 250 two stroke can have all the theoretical advantages it wants. Take it from someone who races against 250Fs on a 250 (and is consistently beaten by them aswell), those paper advantages boil down to a grain of dirt on the track. The 250 might start with more horsepower, but at a national level, the factory backed 250Fs can match it and still be more manageable. And at a local level, you're eating a d*** trying to find someone in that class at that level, who can milk a 250 two stroke powerband for all its worth.

My bone stock motor (apart from one extra tooth on the rear which is unbelievably helpful) is a weapon and it takes alot of work to hang on down those wide open straights. cc for cc WORKS! It would take another ricky carmichael or another Mcgrath kind of rider to take a 250cc two stroke into the lites and keep it out the front. But I would most certainly like to see it happen for Marv.

I have a list that I've memorized for when people glance at my shining expansion chamber and ask the dreaded question: In terms of equal displacement, its because its lighter, cheaper to buy, cheaper to maintain if you keep the bike for more than a season, easier to maintain I can do it all myself, better cornering, better stopping, better jumping, easier to start, much more fun to ride, keeps my skills alot sharper and refines them alot quicker and more effectively. I usually get a blank stare back. They're so used to people that don't want to rock the boat, that duck the question or come up with an excuse. To those people, I can recommend a custom tailor who can cater to the extra room they need in the crotch for their massive vagina. And then the person usually just says... Ok and walks off. They don't like being shot down...

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
We need some 21st century DI two strokes.

Offline twosmoke595

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
thanks for all the reply's! the more feedback i get the better. Charles lovely wife dirtygirlmx aka erin aka terminator aka knows how to make a mean steak sandwich

did the video'ing and i edited it

let me/us know what you liked/didnt like about the vid and what we could do differently! :D

from a editing standpoint its hard to judge my own work, i just roll with what i think is good and go with it lol so please any criticism is welcome

and from what i know erin just asked them what they thought and whatever they said was recorded

Offline Stusmoke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
thanks for all the reply's! the more feedback i get the better. Charles lovely wife dirtygirlmx aka erin aka terminator aka knows how to make a mean steak sandwich

let me/us know what you liked/didnt like about the vid and what we could do differently! :D

from a editing standpoint its hard to judge my own work, i just roll with what i think is good and go with it lol so please any criticism is welcome

and from what i know erin just asked them what they thought and whatever they said was recorded

Lol at the first line. Steak sandwich is good.

There wasn't a thing wrong with the videoing. I wouldn't want TSM to become like Honda and put words in riders mouths (recent barcia video ring bells?). The question seemed to catch all the riders off guard though, atleast as far as I watched. Maybe that because it was obviously being recorded they trod a little more carefully.

Offline _X_

• Professional
  • M.I.R.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2013, 10:05:59 PM »

x2 and try to get different responses, they try to be philosophical about it. how about a serious face and them saying cool stuff like "cause them other bikes are turds" and " chicks dig it dude" or how about "one word, BADASSERY!". let them show that its cool to be loose and non corporate stiffs. show lorenz accepting his holeshot check, downing a beer and then making out with each monster girl before leaving the podium. thats what we want see. professionals in the pits/ on the track, party on the podium. yeah thats what we want to see.

Lol at the first line. Steak sandwich is good.

There wasn't a thing wrong with the videoing. I wouldn't want TSM to become like Honda and put words in riders mouths (recent barcia video ring bells?). The question seemed to catch all the riders off guard though, atleast as far as I watched. Maybe that because it was obviously being recorded they trod a little more carefully.