Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Non-Moto

Electric bike wins pikes peak event. Whhhuuuuttt???

(1/5) > >>

citabjockey:
If the costs/weight come down on these things and the range goes up.....

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/01/lightning-electric-motorcycle-bests-gas-powered-bikes-at-pikes-pe/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

factoryX:
by .6 of a second...

The only thing holding back electric bikes is weight/price/inferior battery tech(Which is the cause of all three problems). The problem with the future of electric vehicles is that its only going to get more expensive...

Lolerbabop:

--- Quote from: WTFactoryXperimental on July 02, 2013, 03:20:10 AM ---by .6 of a second...

The only thing holding back electric bikes is weight/price/inferior battery tech(Which is the cause of all three problems). The problem with the future of electric vehicles is that its only going to get more expensive...

--- End quote ---
Doubt that.

citabjockey:
The "Lightning" guys are not "economy bike" manufactures. That's for sure. They are going top of the line. That said they are talking about 400HP equivalent out of their race bikes in the not too distant future (ouch, my 70HP honda 750 back in the day had plenty for me!).  Electric seems to make sense for (non endurance) race bikes. Cost be damned, range be damned. Want more power? toss a few more coils onto the armature. It just sucks the battery dry quicker.

How long till there is a viable 450 killer in electric? Twostrokies might want to be more worried about eMX'er than four strokes at some point... Not now but at some point.

_X_:
i hope they die in a horrible battery acid induced explosion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version