Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Open Forum

My next project

(1/22) > >>

cnrcpla:
And boy is this one a project  I'll be picking up a '95 RM250 this weekend. It has a seized motor, ripped radiator, FUBAR'd plastics, and is need of a paint job. I can TIG the radiator, no big deal there, I can give the plastics some life back, no big deal, but the motor... I will be opening it up first thing to see what's wrong. I'm hoping best case scenario its a fried piston and the bore isn't to bad. If it turns out to be the worst case scenario (fried bottom and top) I'll be looking at a used motor. What are my options? I'm thinking another rm250 motor, but at the same time I can't help but wonder what other motors would fit in there with minimum fuss. I can weld mounts, but hopefully wont have to. I'll put up some pics as soon as I get it here.

SachsGS:
Those case reed RM250 motors were tough! I'd overhaul the existing motor.

TMKIWI:

--- Quote from: SachsGS on April 08, 2013, 11:11:25 AM ---Those case reed RM250 motors were tough! I'd overhaul the existing motor.

--- End quote ---

X2.
Easier then trying to make another motor fit.

TotalNZ:
Yeah rebuild her, it would be rare for a motor to be that trashed that it's not worth fixing.
I don't think they were electro plated bores either were they? that'll give you an option to oversize if you need too.

cnrcpla:
If it is not electro plated than I will def hone it with a new piston. Anyways, I just got it home. This thing is ROUGH 

Duct tape and elec tape graphics!!! That must have added at least 10 HP easy  I'm gunna be TIGing the sub frame, and then painting it. I hope to open up the engine tonight and see what I'm up against. More pics to come from inside this beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version