Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 09 TM 300  (Read 12724 times)

Offline TM DEAN

• View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 10:37:08 AM »

Thanks for that Total,have got most of those issues sorted..Also have to watch the wiring loom running from your CDI,if it bunches up a little it tends to rub on the frame and chop it up..i learnt that the hard way ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ' »

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:05 AM »
Yeah i have to admit some of the finer details and fit and finish on the TM's aren't quite as good as the jappas but that adds to the attraction for me, gives me things to fix.
Just closed my squish up to 1.1mm too and now she really rips.

Offline Blop

• View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 08:25:38 PM »
HGS builds an excellent pipe, it may just be that the Scalvini makes different power.
Thats exactly it apparently,have spoken with a TM trained factory mechanic and he says the have had some good results with them..HGS performance is very good,no doubt,just damage too easily for me..50mm zook forks!!shim stack mod and a pre expanded bladder transformed mine from bad to pretty darn good.
Yeah that bladders gotta have at least 5mm of convexity (is that the right word?) or the initial stroke will be way too hard. I modified a syringe with a threaded end to push more oil into the bladder to achieve this easily.
I went to do the shim stack mod on my 09 but was already done. Apparently they come done already from 09 onwards.
They definitely like to be pushed hard to get the best out of them, those marzocchi forks.

Hi

Do you have any more specific guide for this shim mod? Like what kind off stack you have?
I have now 2.5w on inner and 5w outer oils.300cc out and full inner. But still i feel its too hars and doesnt want to go where i want. Guy whos really fast with tm300 says that that, he tried to overfill bladder but thinks it bounces off from roots and rocks and would be more suitable to motocross.
I still think that i will try it, but maybe i should try first this shim mod yore talking.
Springs i have changed to 4.2 front and 50 rear. I weight about 93kg full off armour
Instructions please, anyone?!

Regards
Me who thinks this marzocchi isnt good, prove me wrong

Offline Blop

• View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Now i have servised my forks, had a look at stack. It has only 2x22mm base washers, didnt take any off. But now i will test overfilled bladders
It isnt such a big deal if you dont have airscrew in youre fork cap and want to test this. i have the screw, but still didnt use it to fill bladder. Very easy...
You just fill fork like normaly, when you have taken air off the system, cap on, rod out, install rubber band tightly over bladder holes, push rod up and bladder will expand. Now take cap off slowly pull rod out and add oil sametime. Repeat untill you have enough overfill. I did it two times and then I let some oil out from bleed screw.
Now just hoping that i can go testriding.

B

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:21 AM »
Yep sounds like you're on the money, also pays to make sure the sags set right.
the early alloy framed TM's had 3 of those face shims in the stack and removing 1 softened up the initial stroke.
let us know how it feels now.

Offline Blop

• View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
Ou to answer to youre question about manufacture "faults", they are all there still. Only have done the exhaust o- ring sealant problem yet, too many bikes to fiddle.
Have you measured what is max. Overfill for bladders? Measured in midle of bladder and rod down? Ive put mine now to 41mm, but i didnt measure when it was expanded and now figuring how will it go past the sliding tube.
Test ride have to wait, flu again  :'(

Offline TotalNZ

• Expert
    • View Profile
09 TM 300
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2012, 10:08:54 AM »
With the rod out you don't want any more than 6mm convexity otherwise it could foul on the slider under compression.