Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: 01 CR 125 case split, parts needed to re-assemble?  (Read 8775 times)

Offline wikid

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: 01 CR 125 case split, parts needed to re-assemble?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »
Ok I found the key! In the inner part of the flywheel most likely stuck to the magnets in there, thats what caused it to be "stuck".  The key stuck on one pack of wires...gorfing them up in the process!  Do I need a whole new flywheel or can you just get the magnet/wire part (magneto? stator? whats it called?)?   OEM setup was like whooooaaa $400-some, ebay be the best idea?

Gots a while to flip that washer around now.  Hello, Eric Gorr......

Offline msmola2002

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-H-O-OEM-Replacement-Stator-Honda-CR125R-250R-00-01-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a893249fQQitemZ290591024287QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1658wt_803

yup, you can get just the stator. A few on evilbay, used ones, new ones, whatever - also find out (read some online oem parts places fiches) and compare part numbers to work out what years have the same P/N and will work. I spent hours at work working out what bits are different on an 02 KX250 and a 99 KX 250 :p

Good luck.

Offline wikid

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 11:28:03 PM »
Please tell that you need the flywheel in order for it to kick over "correctly."  Please...even if you're lying.  I put the washer inside the left case on the main drive shaft....it has to go there, it fits with a pretty tight tolerance...anyway, I put it on the end of the shaft of the main tranny gears, with the flat side so it would be towards the bearing when I put the case back on.   Many times while re assembling my scoot I thought of just putting the kickstart on the engine and seeing if it would kick over.  But no, not until I put it all back together again did I do that.  Again, please tell me that you need a flywheel (which should be in tomorrow) in order for it to kick over smoothly.  It sounds like a tranny something or other and kicks hard.  I didnt think of even checking it, because I thought I had it right this time for sure, until I was putting the chain back on and I couldnt get a neutral spin goin on.  pleeeaase  victoria pleeease   lie to me!

Offline wikid

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2011, 11:52:18 PM »
I never thought to look at the tranny section of the microfiche and it looks like I put it in the right spot: http://www.nielsens.com/fiche_section_detail.asp   Now I just have to see what size it is

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 05:34:49 PM »
Please tell that you need the flywheel in order for it to kick over "correctly."  Please...even if you're lying. 

OK,you need the flywheel on in order for it to kick over correctly. ::) Look on the bright side,every time you tear it apart adds to your knowledge, ;)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline wikid

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
Put the flywheel on and braaaap braaap!  But here's me thinking I get to split em again a third time:  SHE'S STUCK IN 1ST NOW! haha  I rode Sunday, went over the bars beautifully in the whoops, rode again yesterday and stupid me always checking to see what gear I'm in clicks down to 1st and it sticks there.  Know what that might be? What parts I need now?  Thaaaanks two stroke brethren/sisterns!