Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: The great glove hunt ends.  (Read 3844 times)

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
The great glove hunt ends.
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:27:44 PM »
After long goobering together my old sinisalos and trying-and buying- numerous others, I've finally found a replacement.These days,it seems every glove you buy is about the same thickness with about the same protection as the Queen of Englands white dress gloves.
What I've found is supposed to be a work glove but must have been designed by a biker.According to our local snap on dealer,they're being snatched up by all his off road customers.
The have good palm padding but separated enough not to bunch.Rubber/plastic finger protection on top with good grip on the fingers.It even has a hard plastic knuckle protector built in similar to a knee cup or elbow guard.It's attached on three sides but open on the back and padded underneath so it floats over your knuckles and doesn't interfere whatsoever when you extend your hand to the clutch or brake.Super comfy and protective.Even better,being on the receiving end of one during the inevitable after race "conversation" will be a bad place to be.
Available in various colors.Typically as in all bike gloves the sizes seem to run small.I have medium hands and measure 7.5" from the base of my palm to the tip of my F.U. finger and take an XL.
I paid 50 CDN and I see they're 56 here so probably about 7 cane toad hides + 3 roo teeth in NZ/AUS currency.  :D

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?store=snapon-store&item_ID=92580&group_ID=34501
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:30:59 PM by ford832 »
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: The great glove hunt ends.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
not a fan of padded palms, everyone I have ever tried bunches up and causes blisters, I do like the "shut up punk" knuckle guards though.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 04:58:14 PM »
I had the same problem once.These have minimal padding and good spacing in between so when you tighten your hand down they stay apart and don't bunch.
I'm just going to have to wait until later in the year when someone complains about one of my inventive passing moves to try the knuckle part  ;D

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
I,ve always used SixSixOne mx gloves on my previous dirtbikes, and/or UFO enduro gloves.
I even still use the UFO enduro gloves on my streetbike. Nice warm gloves.

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 03:10:24 AM »
Those look like street bike gloves. I had some Icon's very similar.
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
Reading the title of this thread ford, I thought you may have just bought 1 of Mr Jackson's Gloves. ;)
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »
Oh I'm bad,you know it,I'm bad-or something like that.Just picture me singing that in spandex with one glove on  :D
They do look kind of street in the pic but if you picked them up,except for the knuckle protector,you'd think dirt.They're made the same way from the same materials.

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 07:35:49 PM »
I've got huge hands and my problem is finding gloves that will fit or last more then one ride. :-X

Offline ford832

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »
I've never understood why bike glove sizing runs so small.I wear a M in any other glove and an XL in a bike glove.All my bigger pawed riding buddies wear the biggest they can get,stretch them on like pantyhose,blister their hands,and quickly bust out the seams.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
me too, dumbest stuff ever
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.