Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Lighting a Campfire  (Read 3144 times)

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
Lighting a Campfire
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:29:57 AM »
When going on a trail ride, it's often necessary to camp at the riding area overnight, especially if you intend on getting two days of riding in, and the riding area is a long distance away.  But because things can get so damn cold and boring at night in the woods, you'll need a fire, and so I've decided to document the proper, American method for lighting a campfire.  I hope you guys find it educational.

How to Light a Campfire

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Lighting a Campfire
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »
Jetz here in Canada there is a television series called "Survivor Man" starring Les Stroud and it is about surviving in the wilderness.So if you want to take your bush skills to the next level and learn to,among other things,catch and eat squirrels and insects I suggest you look it up and watch the show. ;D ;D

Recovered

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
so you wanna know how i light a campfire...i go in my popup camper and turn the stove on  :D

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 12:52:04 AM »
Survivorman plays here in Oregon as well.  After all, we do have a couple of trees that people might get lost in between.  But I've noticed from watching the show, that a lot of his problems would be solved if he kept adequately stocked on frozen-pizza boxes and 5-gal cans of premix.

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline EJ

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 06:16:31 AM »
In Australia they have The Barefoot Bushman.
I lused to watch it on Discovery Channel.

Recovered

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
i prefer Bear Grylls on Man vs. wild...1) he's super hot...not that you guys care...but 2) it is freakin hilarious to watch him eat all that nasty stuff. i saw him take a bite out of some worm and the guts just spilled all over his face...good times. oh and he sleeps in yak stomachs and drinks camel urine...gotta love the guy!  and yeah les stroud....i think somethings he makes way more difficult on himself than they need to be. but i guess it makes good tv. i wonder how much of any of this is true tho.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 08:58:02 PM »

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 03:55:51 AM »
i prefer Bear Grylls on Man vs. wild...1) he's super hot...not that you guys care...but 2) it is freakin hilarious to watch him eat all that nasty stuff. i saw him take a bite out of some worm and the guts just spilled all over his face...good times. oh and he sleeps in yak stomachs and drinks camel urine...gotta love the guy!  and yeah les stroud....i think somethings he makes way more difficult on himself than they need to be. but i guess it makes good tv. i wonder how much of any of this is true tho.

Grylls show is designed to make for good TV and the majority is "put on". Les Stroud is the real deal and the difficulty is accurate-and true.
What you see is how it is.Anyone who has spent even one unplanned night in the woods being borderline hypothermic(raising my hand here)can certainly attest to it.
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.