Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: First Car Stories  (Read 8568 times)

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
Re: First Car Stories
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
My first truck is the one i currently have still.  Its a 1998 GMC sonoma 5 speed manual.  I wanted a truck i could hall my bike in and this one was perfect, and i only got it for $1000.

Offline keeptwostrokesalive

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 04:28:51 AM »
Jetz, I was watching top gear last night and you were featured in their commercial ad for the first car stories.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »
Cool!  I wanted to tune in and see if I got featured but I had too many other things to do.  I recorded a bunch of TG on the DVR though, so I'll have to comb through it and track it down.  Can you remember about what time that bit was on?

Nevermind, I found it!  Had to fast-forward through, like, four hours of recorded Top Gear, but I found the 1.5 seconds during which I was on TV.  And of course, they had to choose the clip where I said, "POWUH!!"
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:21:57 PM by JETZcorp »

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline SachsGS

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:40 AM »
Well you can now check off "15 seconds of fame" from your bucketlist. ;)

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »
1500 milliseconds ;D
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline ford832

• Professional
  • I PITY THE FOOL THAT RIDES A FOURSTROKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Well you can now check off "15 seconds of fame" from your bucketlist. ;)

Some people have all the luck.In my book,that's Jetz's second 15 min of fame.
The first was being responsible for the slowest dirt bike video I'd ever seen :D ;)
I'd rather a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.

Offline TMKIWI

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
 :D
If you don't fall off you are not going hard enough

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
Sorry, I was stuck behind a Yamaha!

But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline ACMX

• Professional
  • Andrew Cameron
    • View Profile
    • ACMX Productions
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 10:03:22 AM »
 ;D I was having bike problems ok
ACMXProductions.weebly.com <-- Check it out! Now!

'Forgive me lord for I have sinned. I hit a fourth gear jump in fifth gear pinned'

The Sweet Sound of a Yz125 Two Stroke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO3Po7uvJo

'If it takes more than two strokes, then you're just playing with

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »
Here's some more Windy antics.  Not as stupid as autocross in a church parking lot, but still a lot of fun.  Or at least, about as much fun as one can have in a minivan with the water bed taken out of the back.

Windy Mountain

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline socalcajun

• Expert
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »
1st car was a 1973 Toyota Corrolla bought for $250.00.  The front suspension was shot so driving under 40 mph was an adventure.  To this day I couldn't tell you if the damn thing was green or brown. We just called it the booger.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell Out of the Way

Offline Swimr2DaResQ

• Expert
  • Awww Yeaah!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
'86 Ford F-150, inline 6, with 4 on the floor. Absolutely the worst and most exciting vehicle I've owned. Got it for free as I helped out a neighbor with some yard work and she gave me a busted up truck, not too shabby! It would not idle and smoked like a two stroke, at stop lights you had to be creative and use your right heel for the brake and then your fore foot and toes to keep on the gas while the left foot was holdin down the clutch side of the house! The starter broke after a month and I had to strategically park the truck to aid in a manual push start. I got really strong legs after push startin that damn truck for almost a year, and I was not without many failed attempts at starting it and having to push it further down the street or back up to the highest point of the parking lot at work. The worst was by far stalling at an uphill stop light and having to push that F***er up a hill through an intersection, jump in, and pray that I had enough speed to pop the clutch and bring her back to life! EPIC FAIL, more than ONCE >:(
My sister so affectionately referred to it as the Butt Truck, as it was sh*t brown in color and never worked like it should've. She hated getting picked up from school in the Butt Truck!
Then I got a real job made some money and bought a 2004 Acura RSX Type-S, man I loved that car!
I will never forget the Butt Truck though, and I think all it's problems were related the Harley Davidson sticker on the back window!
"Technology frightens me to death. It's designed by engineers to impress other engineers, and they always come with instruction booklets that are written by engineers for other engineers - which is why almost no technology ever works."

Offline Coop

• Global Moderator
  • Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 05:12:09 AM »
I think I would have just bought a starter  :D
- Mike - Don't take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive.

Offline MyckMcClung

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 05:43:28 AM »
My first car was a 69 VW bug, I bought at 16, from a hippie Brazilian guy, named Fuckundo, that delivered pizza at the Pizza Hut I worked at for $150.
I didn't have a DL, as my grades were crap, and my folks wouldn't let me get it cause thier insurance would skyrocket.
Every fender was smashed, it leaked a quart of oil a day, there were no brakes, and all of the tires were bald.
I got some fenders from a local u-pull-it, shaved the turn signals, trunk handles, door handles, did a ton of body work on it, put in a new interior, tinted the windows while I had em out, lowered the front end, KYB shocks, a 1600 dualport motor w/ a two barrel carb, headers and stinger, converted it to alternator, stereo system, new tires, new brakes. All together I put alot of $ and elbow grease into that little car, which I never did register, or even drive on the street. I ended up selling it for peanuts to a kid, when I moved back east. Since I hadn't registered it or transfered the title from when I bought for four years he ate all the costs, which turned out to be more than he paid me for it. He still has it 20 years later.
If a pair of 2" brass balls isn't working, I doubt that the 3" model will make much difference.

Offline msambuco

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
My first was a 73 Chevy 10 van that I bought from a certain GNCC rider who neglected to tell me the real miles on it, How to shift the worn out triple tree shifter, and how to take off without shaking the thing apart due to the bad clutch. I learned how to drive it and also learned that when going through any puddles to move my left leg over to the right. This would keep water from shooting up my pantleg. When I sold it the dude who bought it wrecked it but still drove it around. For years guys would say hey, I saw your old van. It was the puke green ghost of Poughkeepsie. My third was the best I ever owned. I bought an 85 Corvette in 86 with 18K on the clock. I had them check it out cause the miles were racking up too fast. Turned out it was originaly sold in Canada. 18K kilometers = about 11K miles. I stole it. Couldn't put a bike in it though.
08 373 Fuzion Toyhauler
1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog
A lot of toys
A map and a credit card
A lot of memories no one can take away