Coming Soon
Home > Forum

Author Topic: Husky cr 125  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
Husky cr 125
« on: January 15, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
Ok, this is where you come in Jetz. My friend who is 15, and same height and weight as me(6 foot 2, and 145 pounds) is looking for a 125. He loves freestyle, and is the kind of guy who would do it too. He is trying to decide between a 2006 Husky 125, a 2003 RM 125, and a 2005 kx 125. Do any of you guys know anything about these bikes?
I'd rather be riding...

Offline JohnN

• Professional
  • Two Strokes Rule!
    • View Profile
Re: Husky cr 125
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
Hondacrrider - First you've got to get a few more questions answered. He is just fine as far as height and weight for a 125, but the other points you made are unclear.

Will he be using the bike only for freestyle or will he be racing it as a motocross bike, trail riding, etc...

Next question is how much are each of these machines and what is your friend's budget? This can be important if any of the bikes need some work as well, or if he wants to modify or spiff it up to his liking.

What kind of life has each of these bikes been through? Have they been raced? Play ridden? Have they been taken care of? Regular maintenance, oil changes, are parts bent or broken? To really tell how well someone keeps their bike take a look at the air filter on the bike. Has it been cleaned recently? Is it a brown bomb caked with dirt?

You want to find the bike that is in the best shape and based on the type of riding yur friend will be doing. Either of the three could be the right one, but we just need more information first.
Life is short.

Smile while you still have teeth!

Offline admiral

• Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:22 PM »
being a teenager i imagine money for maintence/repairs is harder to come by than someone who works full time. if that's the case the most economical way is a Jap bike. tons of aftermarket parts and dealers are everywhere. most of the engine parts like pistons, rings, rod, bearings,seals & gaskets are cheap and readily available OEM or aftermarket. you can stretch you $$$ farther. personally i would rather a Husky but i like Euro bikes and i can afford the sometimes outragous parts prices. dealer support for Husky is spotty.

Offline JETZcorp

• Professional
  • Life, Liberty, and Horsepower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »
I started riding a 250 when I was 14.  Tell your friend to man up and get a bike with some bawls. :P

I really can't speak about modern bikes though.  They're all rather foreign to me.  If your friend was looking for something in the 1974-1984 neighborhood, I could help you out, but not with these new-fangled plastic things.

Is this Maico a 440 or only a 400?  Well in all the confusion, I forgot myself.
But considering this is a 1978 Magnum, the best-handling bike in the world, you have to ask yourself one question.
Do you feel lucky, punk?

Offline Hondacrrider

• Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 12:23:33 PM »
I started riding a 250 when I was 14.  Tell your friend to man up and get a bike with some bawls. :P

I really can't speak about modern bikes though.  They're all rather foreign to me.  If your friend was looking for something in the 1974-1984 neighborhood, I could help you out, but not with these new-fangled plastic things.
Oh believe me Jetz, he would if he could, but, hi Dad wants him on a 125 or wr250f, because he doesn't want his son on something too powerful, but, ya, my friend is the type of kid who would give Robbie Maddison, or TP a run for their money.
I'd rather be riding...