Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Vintage Two Strokes

Interesting link

(1/3) > >>

Recovered:
I had to think long and hard before I posted this link. I find it interesting. Some of you will probably be offended. I can't help that.

Just for the record, I don't know this guy.

If you don't like Maico's (or European bikes), don't open the link. Same thing if you are tired of hearing about this stuff. Just pass on to something else.

For the rest of you...........ENJOY!

PS. Make sure you read the whole thing, including the comments.

http://twostrokemotocross.com/2008/12/1981-maico-490-george-marshall/

2smoker:
The problem with Maico is.. When they gonna go bankrupt again? They changed ownership more often than my underwear! LOL

JETZcorp:
If only that big industrial sabotage thing hadn't happened, they'd still be in bidness in their original form today, I suspect.  They went from being #1 in 1981 to being broke in 1983.  I would love nothing more than to see some big-time pro take to the track with a 490, all tricked out with the custom shit he's gotta have.  Brakes, suspension, porting, etc.  Dial 'er in for, say, James Stewart and show the world how it's done.  I'd bet any money that he'd have that thing sideways in the air within half an hour of getting on it.

Recovered:

--- Quote from: 2smoker on December 14, 2009, 08:45:31 PM ---The problem with Maico is.. When they gonna go bankrupt again? They changed ownership more often than my underwear! LOL

--- End quote ---

I don't know exactly how many owner changes they had. I will know for sure tomorrow. I remember Original Maico, then the guy who made the frame in Holland and called them M-Stars (great bikes as I know the history of several M-Star 500's...some were even air cooled!!!!!) and now Koestler owns them. Made in Germany. I hope you change your underwear more than that, because that covers THREE changes since the 1950's.

JETZcorp:
I think there was more than that.  Not 100% solid, but I recall they had different owners during the blue Maico days.  I guess I'll have to wait for the Complete Madscientist Maico Ownership Report (CMSMOR).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version