Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Non-Moto

Looked at two project bikes

<< < (2/2)

cnrcpla:
If people listed bikes for what they are actually worth nowadays, projects would be WAY easier to find. You can't even talk them down anymore...

Stusmoke:
Make a list of everything thats wrong with it, read it out to the owner and point to all the things, and offer him $500 you never know.

eprovenzano:
I did make a list and a good compelling argument abd made a low ball offer of $350 to which he quickly turned down. Oh we'll nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll keep looking.

Stusmoke:
Well its his problem really. If you can, post up a warning to the add. copy out what was wrong with it and make a point of how he revved it hard when it was cold. He obviously has no idea what hes contending with and if you save some poor bloke from shattered dreams, its worth it. I think so anyway.

Coop:

--- Quote from: eprovenzano on July 02, 2013, 11:21:55 PM ---Exactly.  I'm always on the lookout for a bike to rescue, and flip.  These sadly are not in the range where they can be flipped.  Oh well, I'll keep looking...

--- End quote ---

Too many folks have that same idea, so the days of $300 bikes are past. Now if you buy a cheap bike it is a total rat and needs way more work than it is worth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version