Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Non-Moto

2 Stroke diesel

<< < (4/5) > >>

factoryX:
Yeah, 1:10 scale...

citabjockey:
While a Detroit Diesel is a two stroke it is a far from simple engine.

Actually has cams and valves (only exhaust).

Has a supercharger.

Has a Turbo charger.

They do make a very unique sound!

factoryX:

Foghorn:

--- Quote from: SachsGS on July 28, 2013, 01:20:32 AM ---Hey Foghorn, are you ditching those Fords as soon as they come off warranty?

Seriously, I had a Ford 6.0 let go and it wasn't cheap to fix. The new 6.7 was engineered by an Austrian design firm and I wonder how they are standing up?

--- End quote ---

I let them go around 200k. Vehicles are a bad investment at the best of times. I don't like to go too far past the warranty no matter what I'm driving. Same rationale is used for fleets.  We run plenty of diesels in our fleets and I wouldn't say Ford, Chevy or Dodge stands out from a dependability perspective.  Beat them up on gravel and dirt and they need to be fixed.

Foghorn:

--- Quote from: Foghorn on July 28, 2013, 09:08:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: SachsGS on July 28, 2013, 01:20:32 AM ---Hey Foghorn, are you ditching those Fords as soon as they come off warranty?

Seriously, I had a Ford 6.0 let go and it wasn't cheap to fix. The new 6.7 was engineered by an Austrian design firm and I wonder how they are standing up?

--- End quote ---

I let them go around 200k. Vehicles are a bad investment at the best of times. I don't like to go too far past the warranty no matter what I'm driving. Same rationale is used for fleets.  We run plenty of diesels in our fleets and I wouldn't say Ford, Chevy or Dodge stands out from a dependability perspective.  Beat them up on gravel and dirt and they need to be fixed.

Of course being a canuck, by 200k, I mean 200,000 km or about 120,000 miles.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version