Two Stroke Motocross Forum > Open Forum

OSET 20.0

(1/3) > >>

VintageBlueSmoke:

mj4trax:
I'd like to hear more about it after you get some more time with the 20.0.  I know there are lots of people out there modifying them and there are some kits to go higher tech with the batteries where you can get better life and lose 10-20 lbs from the bike...  just expensive. 

I recently bought my 3 yr old daughter an OSET 12.5 and it's a great little bike, though she doesn't have the nerve for it yet.  I'm hoping she takes to it next summer as I'd like for her to progress to the 16.0 and eventually the 20.0. 

SachsGS:
How reliable are the electric bikes?

VintageBlueSmoke:
I've had the 12.5 for almost a year. I didn't follow the directions with the charger and had one fail. I contacted OSET and they sent me 2...free. They also said I could charge the batteries with a car trickle charger, though I guess that is not the best way since these prefer pulse charging (I don't know what I am talking about - I just read it). The only other thing is the rear tire is bald partly because I have training wheels on it and he refuses to try and balance but mostly it is because he likes pulling up to the wall and doing burn outs, leaving small piles of black rubber and tire marks on the walls.

No problems with the 20.0 yet. It is much more complex, both electronicly and with the suspension but I have limited time on it due to back and shoulder problems. They are so bad I have missed 2 regional MX's. My KTM is down but I can fill in on one of the vintage bikes. I have not received the parts from Cycleplayground (thanks US MAIL) and I usually ride hurt but 2 injuries are too much to deal with. I am just resting. I don't even go to the garage for fear of wanting to ride!

Stusmoke:
The future is an exciting place. Not punchy, hard hitting, awesome smelling lightweight kind of exciting but still exciting. And although I hate to rekindle the fire, it occured to me that if the vast majority of gasoline consumption, which I'm pretty sure would be transport, what happens to racing? I've not seen statistics but I would think that racing on a global scale would pale in terms of gas consumption to transport. Maybe the ICE, regardless of stroke, could continue on? For good or ill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version