Two Stroke Motocross Forum > General Two Stroke Talk

racer x race report 9/9/18 Claverack, Hudson NY

<< < (2/3) > >>

JohnN:

--- Quote from: Coop on December 27, 2018, 02:10:18 PM ---John! Good to see you posting.

--- End quote ---

Just re-discovered the site very recently. Have been in touch with Ron and Nanci....

So glad to see you are still a part of the forum!!

JohnN:

--- Quote from: msambuco on December 27, 2018, 06:29:45 PM ---Hey John, Mike Sambuco here. My bike (08 YZ250) was the lucky one to me in the first Militia site Pix thanks to Darren at D-rec. Glad to see you posting again. I grew up watching Conboy, Weeks, McMillen, Coen, and even Chucky Hicks as guys I thought I could be like. Boy was I wrong!! ;D ;D. Still goy a corral of 2 strokes as I am now a 2 stroke die hard. 15 YZ250, 13 YZ 250, 12 YZ 125, and even two big old Detroit Diesels in a boat that pump out 650HP each. Yeah, I know they got valves and don't really count but still 2 strokes!

And Racer-X, did you ever think a track so simple looking could have so many bumps? No big jumps, no whoop section, and yet still will separate the men from the boys. Been going to Claverack since 1981! Has not changed on bit and that's a good thing.

--- End quote ---

Hey Mike,

I'm sure we've met, but I'm horrible with putting names and faces together.

We have some of the same friends/heroes!! Of course all you've named were far better racers than I was, but did consider each of them friends.

You have a great deal of really nice toys there!!

As for Claverack, usually all the bumps were filled in with saw dust!! So they came back really quickly!! Even with that it was one of my favorite tracks!!

I've not been to the races in many years, but plan to visit Claverack in 2019. Do you still race? If so, it would be great to catch up with you.

Coop:

--- Quote from: JohnN on December 27, 2018, 07:02:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Coop on December 27, 2018, 02:10:18 PM ---John! Good to see you posting.

--- End quote ---

Just re-discovered the site very recently. Have been in touch with Ron and Nanci....

So glad to see you are still a part of the forum!!

--- End quote ---

Yeah they couldn't get rid of me when I found the site back up :) .

_X_:

--- Quote ---
And Racer-X, did you ever think a track so simple looking could have so many bumps? No big jumps, no whoop section, and yet still will separate the men from the boys. Been going to Claverack since 1981! Has not changed on bit and that's a good thing.

--- End quote ---

this is true, the off chambers are most tricky, not used to the hard pack either. I do get excited to race there its like a little Dilla.

nancis:

--- Quote ---
Yeah they couldn't get rid of me when I found the site back up :) .
--- End quote ---

We're glad you're here!  We're glad all of you are here!  Hope you stick around and see where all this can go!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version