Two Stroke Motocross Forum > General Two Stroke Talk

2 stroke-4 stroke

(1/6) > >>

bigbore:
I love 'em both.My biggest problem is the unfair rules that make competition virtually impossible.It makes me sad to see the smokers leaving the market little by little.My CRF450R is a hoot to ride as is my YZ465.I'd love to see modern big bore smokers available at less than 8-10K.But that's unlikely to happen.....sigh.

There's a lot of child like "hater" foofoo going on around here wasting bandwidth.We should be sharing info on the care,feeding and use of our smokers instead of posting I hate four strokes garbage.Let's celebrate our wonderful smokers and share info instead of wasting time posting crap.Make this a good board.

P.S. Flaming me away from the board would be a mistake.

JohnN:
Big Bore - I totally agree!

We should be talking about the care, feeding and promotion of the two-stroke. As has been mentioned before I don't hate four-strokes, but I do think that the lopsided rule has "convinced" people that they "had" to have a four-stroke. Even though in some cases they wouldn't have chosen it over the two-stroke except they felt they had to on order to be competitive.

All voices are welcome here.

No one will flame anyone because if they do, their post will be deleted. Do it enough times and you will be banned from the site.

As I mentioned when starting this forum, I don't want bullies ruling the roost. This forum is for fans of two-strokes. To be a fan does not mean that you have to hate anyone or anything.

JETZcorp:
Brilliantly said.  Although I do not like four strokes in a dirt bike role, I appreciate them as an engineering accomplishment.  It's that unnecessary complexity that makes it fun to watch them work.

But, that's not why I will defend four-stroke fans (or sympathiers) against abuse.  Above all other beliefs which I hold (no really, ALL of them), I feel that everyone deserves to speak their mind, regardless of how out-numbered or unpopular their view may be.  We can't allow ourselves to drum out dissenters, because that is a path void of discovery and wearing a sticker reading, "made in N. Korea". As the line goes, we must keep our minds open, butnot so open that our brains start dribbling out.

Recovered:
I don't "hate" four strokes in a literal sense. I hate what has happened. I hate how it happened. And I really hate WHY it happened.

That being said, I have spent a huge amount of my life with four strokes. IMHO, in single and twin cylinder applications, a two stroke will always be better than a four stroke, no matter how "modern" they say it is. Once you get into triples and more, the two stroke loses its appeal, because there is a lack of room for expansion chambers.
So wait...maybe I do hate four strokes.......... ;)

JETZcorp:
Well, Evinrude and all those outboard dudes have done very well with big, six-cylinder two-strokes which don't have, and presumably don't need expansion chambers.  They're destroying the 4T competition in power and weight as it is.  Whatever they're doing, I see no reason why it wouldn't work in a Dodge Neon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version